Maxx Batery Issue

bizarrospeak

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I Just got my Razr Maxx a couple days ago and am loving it so far. I was wondering about battery life though. Forgive me if this had been asked numerous times but how long do you guys get out of the battery? Yesterday was the first day I had it out for an extended period of time. I took it off the charger at about 9:45 in the morning and when I got home at 10:30 It was at about 25% after moderate use (web browsing, games, tweet deck) and today I've gone from 100%-80% in about 4 hours. Is this normal? I ask because I keep hearing about people barely going through half the battery's charge in the time It took me to go though nearly 70% I'd appreciate any incite anyone can give me. Thanks, and sorry again if this has been posed before.

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similiar issues. My day starts about 4:30 am and the battery is limping home by 10:00 pm. I thought these were supposed to last 2 days on a charge? The demo video on the phone says 15 hours of continuous video? so what gives? Here I am 8 hours into my day and barely usinf it and I'm down to 70%. Is it possible I have a dud? i still have a couple of days that I can return it.
I bought this instead of waiting for the GS3 specifically because I figured the battery life would be unvelievable.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
There should be clause written on the top of any device that states battery time will vary for every person, because everyone uses the device differently. What I get for battery life will not be what you get for battery life, so asking what I get means nothing.

The best thing I could ever say to someone is that this device is MUCH better than any other previous device I've EVER used, mainly because it has a MUCH larger battery.

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
As a point of reference, I use a live wallpaper, keep my screen's brightness at 100%, auto-sync every half hour, and I always leave GPS on. I do use smart actions. With moderate use, and from 8am, I'm usually down to about 25% at 11 or 11:30pm. To me, that's a success because with any other phone, I'd be doing a midday charge.

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Using the smart actions "sleep" and once fully charged I got about 30 hours with heavy use cause its new and I am constantly checking stuff out on it. I do not use GPS if I don't have to and i keep WiFi off. Screen on a low brightness unles I am outside. You should check out the tips for battery life and just try a few things including the smart actions and see what you can get out of it.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of variables.
How good is 4G in your area.
For that matter how good is 3G.
The farther from a tower the more power it takes to stay connected. Lose a tower and the radio will ramp to full power while searching.

My daughter's school was in a fringe area and if you left a phone on, you could kill the battery in an hour while it hunted for signal. YMMV, but battery life will vary just because of the area you are in.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well if your dropping 20% in 4 hours, Isn't that 20hrs of life? Seems ok to me if you’re using the thing. I've had mine about 2 months now and results vary so I really don't have a good answer. I think battery life gets better as it goes along but not sure why. Think it’s normal for all smart phones from what I read. At first I kept it on 3G to get as much life as possible (Averaged about 18-20) but then when the .181 update hit it seemed like life on 3G got worse (15-17) with no usage changes. Out of curiosity, I switched back to 4G permanently to give it a chance and saw 18 hr averages again which was very surprising to me. I've left 4G on since and even run a live wallpaper now and it seems to be fine. My hrs depend on usage but normal for me seems to be about 2 hrs per 10% also. 24 hrs can be achieved with minimum use but what’s the point. Fatboy97 has it right, whatever your results, as long as they are not way off, has got to be way better than what you get with any of the others.

8 hrs for 30% seems pretty good to me. What is that, over 24hrs on a full charge? What exactly are you guys expecting of this phone? I once tried testing the display on time by cranking it up to 100% and forcing it to stay on while I surfed this forum. It was at 50% after 6hrs and I gave up and went to bed. That's not bad. My first 4G phone was a Thunderbolt, for about 12 days that is. On 4G I could barely make 7hrs on a single charge, maybe 10 if I switched to 3g. My how we have evolved!

Good to see you on here Ladybell. Sounds like your really embracing and enjoying your new phone :)

Last edited:

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Used it very lightly this weekend. Used it occasionally for calls, looking up some instructions and finding the local Home Depot. This is what I reached. Not too shabby.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx