Wondering about the Maxx

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What' s up all....!

I had a few questions about the Maxx. I currently have a Bionic with an extended battery and I was contemplating switching to the Maxx for the SuperAmoled screen and bigger battery not to mention ICS in the somewhat distant future. Should I be aware of any Razr Maxx issues with the device before I take the plunge?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Try not to drop it. Mine took a 3 foot plunge and cracked the screen and I couldn't see anything on the screen. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it. Great battery, great screen.

Ok, actually there is one little thing that my phone does. At night while it is charging, I guess it turns off all data connection (4g, 3g and 1x) but out comes back on when I "wake it up". Other than that no serious issues here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had no major issues with my MAXX. I bought a Samsung galaxy nexus back in December and was not a happy camper. Its hard for me compare a MAXX to a bionic. Sorry

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Im also coming from the gnex. The maxx should outperform the bionic in every way. With the regular RAZR I got about 10hrs with 2-2.5 hrs of screen on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Try not to drop it. Mine took a 3 foot plunge and cracked the screen and I couldn't see anything on the screen. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it. Great battery, great screen.

Ok, actually there is one little thing that my phone does. At night while it is charging, I guess it turns off all data connection (4g, 3g and 1x) but out comes back on when I "wake it up". Other than that no serious issues here.

I have come across posts on AC where users are stating that the Super Amoled screen gives way to cracks. This would be my first device with this type of screen none of the previous android devices I owned had that type of display. Not to mention I'm anal retentive about taking good care of my phone, but as we all know it only takes a second to ruin a good day....

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing as OP coming from Bionic to Maxx. I don't regret it, but I am wishing I had waited for the Razr Maxx HD. IF you can be patient for a bit longer, the Maxx HD ought to be the perfect Droid imo. But if you're like me, and have no patience, the Maxx is AMAZING! The battery is awesome, the screen is a step up, and the camera has performed better for me even though they have the same basic setup. Be aware that it still has it's own tiny little quirks now and again, but nothing substantial. (occassional screen not auto rotating, still drops data now and again, etc....)

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing as OP coming from Bionic to Maxx. I don't regret it, but I am wishing I had waited for the Razr Maxx HD. IF you can be patient for a bit longer, the Maxx HD ought to be the perfect Droid imo. But if you're like me, and have no patience, the Maxx is AMAZING! The battery is awesome, the screen is a step up, and the camera has performed better for me even though they have the same basic setup. Be aware that it still has it's own tiny little quirks now and again, but nothing substantial. (occassional screen not auto rotating, still drops data now and again, etc....)

I know what you mean about patience when it comes to these type of choices. I'm currently on my 2nd Bionic and I rather not call VZW just for them to ship me out a 3rd one. At this point I'm annoyed with it not charging properly. I like moto been loyal to the brand so that's why I was contemplating a DRMaxx. I have an upgrade coming in the fall so perhaps by then the Maxx HD will either be on store shelves or about to launch.

Last edited:

copr165

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a the Nexus and Maxx. Have had Bionic. The Maxx is much better than the Bionic Yes my Maxx has great battery life but freezes often and I am using GO Launcher. Yesterday I had it disconnected and going to wait until ICS update to see if helps. The Nexus on the other hand using the same launcher as the Maxx works almost flawlessly and is probably best phone I ever had and I have had several. hope this helps.

Reactions: LordAndroid

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a the Nexus and Maxx. Have had Bionic. The Maxx is much better than the Bionic Yes my Maxx has great battery life but freezes often and I am using GO Launcher. Yesterday I had it disconnected and going to wait until ICS update to see if helps. The Nexus on the other hand using the same launcher as the Maxx works almost flawlessly and is probably best phone I ever had and I have had several. hope this helps.

Your MAXX freezes using go SMS pro?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

You must have a smart action running that turns that stuff off at night. Or, are you using Juice Defender or some other battery saver mode??

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Your MAXX freezes using go SMS pro?

No, he was saying Go Launcher. Same people who make Go SMS but the Launcher is to customize home screens, icons, apply tray, etc...

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Even with the 1gb ram it still freezes? perhaps you have a ton of processes running in the background.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's GO Launcher that's causing the problem. Have you tried operating your Maxx without it?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No issues so far. Im also using Go Launcher with no problems, no screen lag, lockups, etc.

There's always going to be something new around the corner, take the plunge.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have come across posts on AC where users are stating that the Super Amoled screen gives way to cracks. This would be my first device with this type of screen none of the previous android devices I owned had that type of display. Not to mention I'm anal retentive about taking good care of my phone, but as we all know it only takes a second to ruin a good day....

Can someone elaborate or debunk this issue? I have a Maxx coming my way today, and now I'm starting to worry about it being a "drop me and I shatter" iPhone situation.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a firefighter and haven't broken it yet... No case, just a screen protector so whatever else in my pocket doesn't scratch it.

As for coming to this phone from Bionic? Night and day. Even with the extended battery, the Bionic couldn't keep up. Smart actions are really nice, and I can at least hide the bloat on the phone. Out of sight, out of mind......

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have officially taken the plunge I am a new owner of a Droid Razr Maxx !!!!!!!! :D I havent been able to put this thing down between setting it up to my liking to exploring it the battery is never going to reach full charge LOL