Verizon Unlimited Data Confusion

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone!!..hope your day is going as well as mine..Listen I know people are confused and going by what they read on the internet and how verizon is making customers come off unlimited data plans and what not..Well I have some good news for most of you folks who are already on 4G LTE devices...I just spoke with a Verizon Wireless rep..and I used to work for Verizon Wireless myself...There is nothing to worry about because if you currently on a 4G smartphone your unlimited data will not change ever..that includes upgrading in the long run..they are coming out with data family share plans later this summer because customers feel its cheaper to have them..just like sharing minutes...here is what the rep said at verizon wireless..and I am relaying it on to you folks..."If a customer is on a 3G device such as the Iphone 4/4s for example...when the date is released..anyone who is going to a 3G to a 4G smartphone will have to come off the unlimited data package:"..."If you are already on a 4G phone your unlimited data will stay for as long as you are with or tell us otherwise"...Everything else is all speculation and rumors..so those of you who are already on 4G devices are in luck like me!!..Unlike my girlfriend (iphone users...barf)...are out of luck..and that goes for any 3G smartphone as well..like a Droid X or what not..so glad I can share the news with you all!!..DROID RAZR MAXX IS AWESOME!!...:cool::)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait for an official word from Verizon, not some random rep.

Here is what we know officially.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/verizon-clarifies-shared-data-plans/

– Customers will not be automatically moved to new shared data plans. If a 3G or 4G smartphone customer is on an unlimited plan now and they do not want to change their plan, they will not have to do so.

– When we introduce our new shared data plans, Unlimited Data will no longer be available to customers when purchasing handsets at discounted pricing.

– Customers who purchase phones at full retail price and are on an unlimited smartphone data plan will be able to keep that plan.

– The same pricing and policies will be applied to all 3G and 4GLTE smartphones.

And http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-clarifies-new-data-plan-policies

As we have stated publicly, Verizon Wireless has been evaluating its pricing structure for some time. Customers have told us that they want to share data, similar to how they share minutes today. We are working on plans to provide customers with that option and will introduce new plans later this year.

When the new options are introduced, Unlimited Data will no longer be available to our customers purchasing handsets and signing a new contract. Customers who choose to purchase phones at full retail price and are currently on an unlimited smartphone data plan will be able to keep that plan. The same pricing and policies will apply to all 3G and 4GLTE smartphones.

We will share specific details of the plans well in advance of their introduction so customers will have time to evaluate the plans and make the best decisions for their wireless service. It is our goal and commitment to continue to provide customers with the same high value service they have come to expect from Verizon Wireless.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Uhh..a random rep?...i just said a rep from Verizon..and i read all that already...its all speculation i also spoke with a supervisor in one of the stores near me...told me the same thing...what you just posted here is rumor..ill believe the company before i read something thats half a story

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Uhh..a random rep?...i just said a rep from Verizon..and i read all that already...its all speculation i also spoke with a supervisor in one of the stores near me...told me the same thing...what you just posted here is rumor..ill believe the company before i read something thats half a story

Those quotes aren't rumors. Those are quotes that Verizon themselves sent out to the press.

It's the full story so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Everything else is all speculation and rumors..

Hmmm...I'm having a hard time understanding why you feel we should put more weight on YOUR "speculation and rumors" then any others out there? Until Verizon officially publishes the new plans and the criteria it is all "speculation and rumors" no matter where it comes from.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...I'm having a hard time understanding why you feel we should put more weight on YOUR "speculation and rumors" then any others out there? Until Verizon officially publishes the new plans and the criteria it is all "speculation and rumors" no matter where it comes from.

Okay ill say it again ......I spoke with verizon...do u not read?...i also used to work for thr company and left not too long ago for better opportunities...call me a liar Idc...i know what i heard and figured i would be nice enough to pass it along

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay ill say it again ......I spoke with verizon...do u not read?...i also used to work for thr company and left not too long ago for better opportunities...call me a liar Idc...i know what i heard and figured i would be nice enough to pass it along

In your opinion, the people you have spoken to are more accurate than the press releases issued by VZW.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bigdaddytee and Ry

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe what happens when it actually happens.

He said she said but until Verizon makes it official and it goes into effect they might change their minds on specifics 20 times.

robfu

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from a 3g to a 4g phone about 2 months ago and kept the same plan. They told me nothing would change and so far my bills have remained the same. I hope this helps.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here but i spoke to reps and they told me its a rumor ...i read them that same article and parts of it..they told me i wont lose my current plan now or in the future...

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Who really knows what Verizon is going to do in the next year or even two years from now. That new iPhone 4G is coming out and Verizon needs a few bucks :p I told Verizon if they even think about changing my plan it was going to get ugly for them with me!

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If that's true, then the bigger question is throttling. In the ops post, nothing was mentioned. So, will they, and IF they do what's the cap? Or will they use the top 5% like 3G?

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will never believe a rep. Call in 4 times asking the same question and you will have 4 different answers.... no pun to you guy who believe this that's on you. I only believe what i see on paper

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I will never believe a rep. Call in 4 times asking the same question and you will have 4 different answers.... no pun to you guy who believe this that's on you. I only believe what i see on paper

I believe what my bill says every month :)

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure when the iPhone 4G hits the market vzw will start throttling top 5% of heavy users

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Not even sure if the iphone will be 4g we dont know...screw apple i loathe them..there no big deal...plus i read awhile ago the new iphone is supposed to be simless too...

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon is purposely throwing stuff out there just to test the backlash before committing to a pricing plan.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance