Make the jump?

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Loving my Razr Maxx more than any other phone that I have had before but I, just as most all of you, am always wanting the coolest and newest phone out there am tempted to make the jump to the GS3.

I have seen plenty of comparisons between the GS3 and the HTC One but none for the Razr Maxx. Anyone seen a good comparison? or have any hands on yet?

I would make the jump if it was worth it but will wait for the next flagship phone if it is not a big difference.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any comparisons. For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, Motorola phones just aren't considered that sexy compared to Samsung or HTC, even though the Maxx is clearly a beast. Samsung has the huge market share and 3 gajillion different devices out there, so they're going to get lots of press, and HTC has their Dr. Dre stuff.

Personally, I'm so satisfied with this phone and its sweet battery life that I wouldn't want the next next thing in phones unless it had the same or better battery life.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, moto phones are not sexy but the main factor they have going for them, they work, they function better than most phone makers on the market, mainly cause they've been in the business of communication for a long time. I agree that Samsung phones are sexy, but the galaxy nexus I tried for 14 days just flat out sucked. I was warned to not get it and had it explained to me that samsung just doesnt have good radios to pick up cell signals but I didn't wanna believe it cause the screen was gorgeous on the nexus.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If you read the forums on the GS2, I think that most would consider it one of the best and I suspect the 3 will be fine too. Both much better than the Nexus. Now as for comparison I think the screen tech and lack of ICS is what's keeping it out of their catagory. Its the Razr Maxx HD that will have to be the one to go up against them if it ever gets here.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I love my maxx, but a lot has to do with battery and build. The S3 battery is very good and it's a beautiful looking phone. I will be making to jump to the S3 and part of it is having the next biggest thing. It's how i am and always will be.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I see what you all are saying about Moto just not being considered the flashy, attention getter. But quite honestly, I would only want a "sexy phone" if I was a woman. Guys aren't sexy, so guys should just have solid machines that Moto releases and not the sleek, metrosexual HTC's. Don't get me wrong, HTC makes an awesome device, and the new One series looks great. But I do not feel bad about having a masculine DROID Razr Maxx as opposed to a sexy, attention getter like the HTC One X.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Motorola is like the San Antonio Spurs. Not flashy, sexy or too exciting, but fundamentally sound.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If my battery use doesn't get better on my Maxx, I will be pre-ordering for sure. Battery just went from 80-70 in 40 minutes. Ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually think the industrial look that Motorola goes for stands out. Just in a different way than Samsung and HTC phones.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Talk to a rep on the phone, don'tbother going into a store. That bring said, get another one, doesn't sound like you are getting what was advertised (and what thousands of people are enjoying). Just my two Pennies

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If my battery use doesn't get better on my Maxx, I will be pre-ordering for sure. Battery just went from 80-70 in 40 minutes. Ridiculous.

Did you have the screen on the whole time? Was you playing a game? Please tell

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

You have a rouge app running on the phone or something. Maybe Facebook and a couple other social apps running? Go to Settings --> Battery and see what is using it up.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The SGIII has the same battery as the extended one for the GNex and that didn't last me half the day. The SGIII won't be that much better. The SGIII screen is the same as the one on the GNex, so other than a larger size screen that will have less ppi the only thing going for it is the better camera. The radios won't be any better. I have owned almost very Samsung smartphone and they all have poor radios and antennas. I would wait for the Maxx HD.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No, that was with minimal use. I did a factory reset last night and it's better today. The display and OS were the battery hogs, display was at 62 percent. I also had downloaded a bunch of apps when I got it, so just said screw it and did factory reset. Verizon rep says if it doesn't improve they will send me new Max. So we'll see how next few days go. Is 50% at 11 hours good with maybe now 1.5-2 hours of browsing, etc.

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
If you like the Maxx wait to see what Motorola has to offer....my guess is within a month of the release of the GS3.

This phone with a faster processor, better camera, 720p display and 2 gigs of RAM I would take any day over the GS3.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
samsung just doesnt have good radios to pick up cell signals but I didn't wanna believe it cause the screen was gorgeous on the nexus.

Sad but oh so true. I switched to the Maxx just today for that very reason. Living in a rural/semi rural area on excursions from small town to small town I saw anywhere from 40% to almost 60% with no cell signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2