Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By metz65
  • 1 Post By 10001110101
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Never thought I would say it, but my Maxx comes tomorrow

Well I went thru four Galaxy Nexus and finally had to give in to Verizon's continued offers of a Maxx.

I loved my Nexus, the screen is awesome, the on screen buttons, the ICS being native and not an update and just the general feel of the phone.

I had no data issues, no mic issues mine was purely a lack of the phone being able to find and keep a cell signal in my rural/semi rural area. I have had the OG Droid and DroidX, and never had cell issues with either of them.

Today I finally received an offer I couldn't turn down. The Maxx, an sd card and an otterbox defender.

So tomorrow I begin my new adventure with a Maxx. Yea I know the battery is awesome, but It's going to be hard for it to outdo my Nexus in other areas. Bottom line was I had to have a phone that was reliable as a phone as well as a great Web browsing and multimedia toy.

I hope the Maxx is that phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    bradenfontaine and ttens like this.

ROM
    ?

Welcome to the MAXX family I gave up my Nexus and can say I'm a happy camper

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    metz65 

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default Re: Never thought I would say it, but my Maxx comes tomorrow

You won't miss it. I went 31 hours on my first charge, it's almost unbelievable how long it lasts. I do miss some of the benefits of ICS, but it's coming!
    Thanked by 2:
    sta1metz65 

ICS on the GNex is nice, but it's frustrating to always have to be charging it. ICS on a dead phone is not all that impressive. When the Maxx gets ICS, although it will be an update, and not necessarily optimized entirely for the device, it will be amazing.
    Thanked by:
    metz65 

Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm on my third Nexus and it seems to be a good one, but I also have a Maxx that I was using because I needed something reliable until I got the problems with my Nexus worked out. When I'm using the Nexus, I miss the Maxx, and when I'm using the Maxx I miss the Nexus.

I'm trying to use the Nexus 100% until ICS comes out for the Maxx, then I'll switch to the Maxx and see how it goes. As much as I like stock ICS, I don't mind some of the features Blur offers. And combine amazing battery life with great 3g and 4g radios, and it's a winning combination.

Sweet deal on the OtterBox and SD card.
    Thanked by:
    metz65 

I bought a razr maxx to replace my iphone 4s. While I loved the battery life I wanted to have ICS so I sold my Maxx and bought a Nexus. That what the worst phone I have ever owned. Now to be fair I think the phone was defective because I normally have a strong 4g signal but the Nexus would not connect to the cell towers. So although the screen was fantastic I sold the Nexus and just used my upgrade for the Maxx again.

I love the Maxx's battery life. Glad to be back and when ICS is released soon for the Maxx I will be a truly happy camper
    Thanked by:
    metz65 

You'll love it...I also had a GN and couldn't deal with the issues and bought a MAXX. I couldn't be happier and I think you'll feel the same way.
    Thanked by:
    metz65 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I'm sure you're all correct.

I think the Maxx is a great phone. On original purchase I just went with the Nexus due to some features it had that the Maxx didn't.

Bottom line for me though was that I had to have a phone I could use for a phone, and in my area the Nexus isn't that phone. If this is as dependable as the other Moto phones I have owned I'm sure I will have a phone I can live with for the next 18 months.

ROM
    ?

I would have stayed with the nexus but I could not use it :banghead: I was not sure about getting the MAXX. But I was sick of not being able to use my phone. The battery and the antenna are great selling points for the RAZR MAXX when the MAXX HD comes out I will look at getting that phone. I think the RAZR MAXX will be a awesome phone when ICS comes out soon

Thanked by:
    metz65 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I don't know why, but my phone won't be here till the 8'th. In the past when sending me a replacement Nexus it was next day.

For some reason even though I spoke to the tech and the order was placed at 11 am it was not approved until almost 12 hours later.

Wondering if it had to be approved by a supervisor or something since it's a different phone and included an accessory.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Its a powerhouse no question about it...ics is coming soon...i cannot wait!!...

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,252 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Mine have been taken 2 days since the beginning off this year
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Mine have been taken 2 days since the beginning off this year
    Maybe because of the time of day you talked to them? I think they have a 6pm cutoff for next day delivery. Every time I spoke with them was before noon.

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,252 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

That may be it, but I know of 1 occasion when it was 8 or 8:30am when I called...

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Well I don't know why, but my phone won't be here till the 8'th. In the past when sending me a replacement Nexus it was next day.

For some reason even though I spoke to the tech and the order was placed at 11 am it was not approved until almost 12 hours later.

Wondering if it had to be approved by a supervisor or something since it's a different phone and included an accessory.

The order had to be supervisor approved. I went through 3 Nexi myself, and all I miss from it is ICS. The display on the Maxx isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I loaded the .75 ICS leak on my Maxx and it was great!
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,252 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

funny how a new bright vibrant screen suddenly gets trash talked as soon as a new phone comes out. nothing wrong with this beast, people just need to justify dumping money on the SSDD.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    funny how a new bright vibrant screen suddenly gets trash talked as soon as a new phone comes out. nothing wrong with this beast, people just need to justify dumping money on the SSDD.
    If I have any complaint about the Maxx, it's the screen. There is bright and vibrant, then there is cartoonish. The Razr is firmly in the cartoonish camp. Samsung and Apple get that right anyway. There is no subtlety or color gradation about anything on a Razr screen. Skin tones are either zombie pale, jaundiced or blotchy. Reds and red-oranges will burn your retinas out.

The display is nice, bright and sharp, but color rendition is completely unrealistic and overblown. Marketers love color palettes like this, but come on.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,252 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

If I have the dim screen setting turned on I agree, but with it turned off it looks just dandy. But this ifs where opinions **** heads.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    If I have any complaint about the Maxx, it's the screen. There is bright and vibrant, then there is cartoonish. The Razr is firmly in the cartoonish camp. Samsung and Apple get that right anyway. There is no subtlety or color gradation about anything on a Razr screen. Skin tones are either zombie pale, jaundiced or blotchy. Reds and red-oranges will burn your retinas out.

The display is nice, bright and sharp, but color rendition is completely unrealistic and overblown. Marketers love color palettes like this, but come on.
    I think you're being a little dramatic on that one, but I understand your general opinion. I came from having the best screen on a phone (Rezound), to the Maxx. The definition and clarity are obviously not the same, but the Maxx's screen isn't exactly crappy. I think the saturation and contrast are great, the colors are very rich and vibrant.
    Again, not the best screen available, but it's not bad. The Droid 4 got the short end of the stick this generation.