Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car dock question

Seems like there is no way to add many apps. Like music for example, it let's me add one music app. I use pandora, Google Music, and a few others, but only have one open slot on the car dock menu. My Bionic had plenty of open slots. Can't seem to get rid of the stock apps, like podcast, music player, and Internet radio. Am I missing something?

Default Re: Car dock question

I use Car Home Ultra rather than the stock dock on my Droid 4. It has lots of empty slots for your apps. Dunno if it's compatible w/ yours, but check it out

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....carhome&hl=en
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Downloading as we speak. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by moongdss View Post
    I use Car Home Ultra rather than the stock dock on my Droid 4. It has lots of empty slots for your apps. Dunno if it's compatible w/ yours, but check it out

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....carhome&hl=en
    Does car home ultra launch automatically when the Razr Maxx is placed in the dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Does car home ultra launch automatically when the Razr Maxx is placed in the dock?
    I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone knew the answer to this question.

I've been thinking about getting the Car Home Ultra App but I've been sitting on the fence. If the App auto-loaded once the Maxx was placed in a car dock that might be enough to convince me to try it out.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes, the stock app opens when docked. If you install another dock a box pops up asking you which launcher you want to open.
    Thanked by:
    XDCX 

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
    Yes, the stock app opens when docked. If you install another dock a box pops up asking you which launcher you want to open.
    Thanks for the information - that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I had a Droid X before my Maxx and I liked that car dock better but both of them seem pretty weak when compared to the Car Home Ultra app.

I've got a road trip planned for next week and this will give me a reason to try out a new app. Thanks again for the information.

...and you can use Smart Actions to specify what launches when docked (and turn on GPS, and turn if off again when you undock).

But be sure to get the official version from Motorola WITH the dual cable. The one from Verizon has only a power cable. The version from Motorola has one cable that connects to the vehicle dock with two connectors at the other end to pull in both audio and power. Well worth the price difference!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The docs I bought for my Atrix had the dual cable. The docs I got for my Bionic and RAZR Maxx both came sans cable. I still use the dual cable from my Atrix, it rocks

Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    Thanks for the information - that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I had a Droid X before my Maxx and I liked that car dock better but both of them seem pretty weak when compared to the Car Home Ultra app.

I've got a road trip planned for next week and this will give me a reason to try out a new app. Thanks again for the information.
    Just a quick update....

I downloaded the Car Home Ultra app and it's awesome. It's a huge improvement over the existing Motorola Car Dock software.

As much as I like using my Maxx as my in-vehicle GPS, I'm really thinking it might be cool to get the new Nexus Tab when it's released later this month. I'd love to have a device that I could use as a 7" GPS that stored all of my music and then be able to use it as a tablet when I removed it from my Jeep.

Hopefully Car Home Ultra will work on a 7" tablet too.

I just got the ICS for my MAXX. When I docked, I got a default screen asking me what app I wanted to launch. In the selection box was my Car Dashboard Pro and VZ Navigator, but not the stock Motorola vehicle app...why? How do I make the stock Motorola vehicle app be the default?