one issue with razr maxx

ttens

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I've had the phone a few days now and am liking it overall.

What really stinks though...the camera! I believe the specs are comparable to the dinc2 but I can't get a decent picture. Ugh. I downloaded camera mx but still no luck. Looks like I have to go back to carrying my point and shoot. Bummer.

I know some will say this isn't a big deal but it is for me :(

Oh yeah. I can't log into my listy from my phone either for some annoying reason.

ttens

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Lanhoj...will do if I have to. It is a paid app and not expensive but I will wait a bit to see if it is a setting or some other dopey thing :)

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I would say some how the camera is not doing a auto focus before you snap the picture :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ttens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the focus target has formed a complete square before taking the picture. It should beep when it's focused.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That shouldn't be normal for these cameras. Def make sure square is green prior to snapping the pic to focus. Make sure all your settings are set correct. I even make sure the lens is clean prior to taking the picture. Here is a pic from my camera, all settings set to factory default.
Also check to make sure the camera is set to it highest resolution.
4a66898d-1ac1-3196.jpg

4a66898d-1af2-f1ee.jpg

4a66898d-1bf9-ae6d.jpg

via Razr MAXX

Last edited:

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It is either a setting or something is wrong with it. I have had great pictures every time. Better than low end point and shoots.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the stock camera takes the pic the instant you touch the virtual button. For me, I would nudge the phone a hair as I touched it causing it to be moving and as a result blurry. I tried a few different apps and have settled on the "ICS Camera +". It does an auto focus after you press. Also, I forget to wipe the lens. It gets smudgy and seems to need a quick wipe every time.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Instead of just tapping the button to take the pic, try push, hold, then release. This way it will somewhat stop you from that initial tap (shake) when taking the picture thus leading to better pics.

via Razr MAXX

ttens

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll work on trying them out and let you know if I continue to have issues. I took a few test pictures outside and most look pretty ok.

I was wondering about a few things...
- What are your settings on? I have the wide screen 8MP image not checked. If I check it it says 6 mp image to match the screen. Should I check or uncheck?
- I have been seeing that green box so that's good.
- Someone said to ensure I set the settings to increase the resolution. I left the default settings but am not sure where to do that for the camera using the stock camera.

I am thankful for all of your input and to know that the camera on this phone doesn't stink overall. I just have to get it right :) PHEW,

ttens

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the stock camera takes the pic the instant you touch the virtual button. For me, I would nudge the phone a hair as I touched it causing it to be moving and as a result blurry. I tried a few different apps and have settled on the "ICS Camera +". It does an auto focus after you press. Also, I forget to wipe the lens. It gets smudgy and seems to need a quick wipe every time.

Did you try the free version first or just bought it?

Also, how do you wipe the lens (I'm a klutz and don't want to hurt it :))

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
- What are your settings on? I have the wide screen 8MP image not checked. If I check it it says 6 mp image to match the screen. Should I check or uncheck?
- Someone said to ensure I set the settings to increase the resolution. I left the default settings but am not sure where to do that for the camera using the stock camera.

I am thankful for all of your input and to know that the camera on this phone doesn't stink overall. I just have to get it right :) PHEW,

when it says 8MP then your on 8 MP (the highest) checking the box would put you on 6MP. Deafault setting are good. Just remember you can change them to suit your needs.

I use my shirt to clean the lens.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have taken some very nice pictures with my maxx. Low light pics are a challenge...I like the hold the button down then let go tip. I have had a few blurry pics because of hitting the button quickly. I'm just using the default camera app... Here are a couple from our trip to the beach over Memorial day weekend.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Try CameraMX for a good auto focus and editing the picture after and try Fast Burst Camera for super fast pictures. Both work pretty dang good.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995