June 12th, will it be fact or fiction

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope its true. I really didnt need to upgrade because my DROIDX was doing fine, i just got bored with it. But i spent 14 days with a galaxy nexus for vzw, and absolutely loved ICS but had problems with the phone. I traded for this Maxx and love the phone but i fill like im on my droid x, and it makes me feel kind of like i didnt really gain anything, i really hope vzw doesnt pull a fast one, theyre good at that sometimes, and it has happened often in the past but im sure they had good reason for their actions.

hehubado

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Would have expected to see a change log posted by Verizon by now if the 12th for realz!!....I guess there's always tomorrow..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it just might be true this time. MY handset has been doing a lot of application updates the last few days and in thinking its getting updated to be compatible with ICS.

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If ICS were coming on 6-12, wouldn't there be a few rumors about the "soak tests" floating around. My bet is the end of June.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it just might be true this time. MY handset has been doing a lot of application updates the last few days and in thinking its getting updated to be compatible with ICS.

I can agree, multiple app updates throughout the day, mainly core apps too!

Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If ICS were coming on 6-12, wouldn't there be a few rumors about the "soak tests" floating around. My bet is the end of June.

I don't have faith that we wood even hear about said soak tests until right before release...

Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope its true. I really didnt need to upgrade because my DROIDX was doing fine, i just got bored with it. But i spent 14 days with a galaxy nexus for vzw, and absolutely loved ICS but had problems with the phone. I traded for this Maxx and love the phone but i fill like im on my droid x, and it makes me feel kind of like i didnt really gain anything, i really hope vzw doesnt pull a fast one, theyre good at that sometimes, and it has happened often in the past but im sure they had good reason for their actions.

Using a different launcher like Go Launcher EX will cure that boredom thing. I'm going to continue to use it even when ICS loads. I'm more leery about ICS bringing problems with it and hope it doesn't mess up my reliable phone. It better be as solid as my device or I'll be pissed:)

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

App makers updating their apps has NOTHING to do with a OTA update getting ready to be pushed. Those apps can be downloaded on practically any Android device. You think they are updating because a Razr might be getting ICS?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
App makers updating their apps has NOTHING to do with a OTA update getting ready to be pushed. Those apps can be downloaded on practically any Android device. You think they are updating because a Razr might be getting ICS?

a few have said "for Android 4.0.4 compatibility...

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

This is where I am, too. I haven't heard anybody mention a soak test. It's rare not to hear about them, even though you do sign a nondisclosure agreement...

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
a few have said "for Android 4.0.4 compatibility...

Right, but they update their apps at their leisure (if at all) not in conjunction with motorola's update schedule. In other words, it doesn't matter if the Razr Maxx gets updated, they are or aren't going to update their apps if and when they want to. The two have nothing to do with each other.

It would be like saying that they repaved the road because you went out and bought a new car....

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Right, but they update their apps at their leisure (if at all) not in conjunction with motorola's update schedule. In other words, it doesn't matter if the Razr Maxx gets updated, they are or aren't going to update their apps if and when they want to. The two have nothing to do with each other.

It would be like saying that they repaved the road because you went out and bought a new car....

th_WZGb5.gif

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I agree there would be soak test with ICS before a official release

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12