Razr Maxx and Ford Sync

Robert Cruz

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to listen to apps (i.e. Pandora, iheart radio, etc) on my Maxx through my Ford Sync system but I can't figure out how to sync it. Can someone help?

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Sell the Ford... Will solve all of your problems

Ok, now let's see if we can really help solve the issue instead of coming up with "smart *ss" comments that don't help.

Make sure your phone is connected to SYNC via Bluetooth. Then try running the app from your phone. Once it starts, it should play through your system.

When I play music through my Ford Flex, I have to start the music playing on my phone, afterwards I can control it (pause, skip songs, etc.) from my steering or touch screen controls. With my old Droid X, I could pull up the phone music from Sync, but with my Maxx, I have to initiate it on the phone itself. Hope this helps.

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Once you have connected your phone via Bluetooth you should be ready to go. I downloaded the Serius/XM app this week and all I need to do is activate that in the car push the Ford sync button and say "Bluetooth audio" and it connects. That's it.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just had a Ford Escape as a rental this past weekend, and Sync worked over BT quite well. Had to scan through the media menu, but once set up it was smooth sailing.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Trackready

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I am a tech w/ ford who actively deals with SYNC concerns. To those with issues where you have to initiate the sound on the phone, first this is actually an android problem... but there is a good fix. Download A2DP volume from market. Find your bt device you wish to connect to in the app and click "edit" then "connect to" and select the same device again. I know it seems redundant but it forces the A2DP to connect via mac address of the device and fixes tons of bt stream issues on ALL types of devices. I have to do this to get my bionic to agree w my jvc headunit in my car.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to increase the volume on phone calls with SYNC and the Maxx?

I think you have to turn the volume up during a phone call (radio or steering volume controls should work). This also works for turning syncs voice up while it's talking. Basically, when something is coming from your speakers, you can adjust the volume.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just tried A2DP volume out on my S705 headset and for some reason the stereo sound seems better. Not sure if it's a placebo effect but just seems better. Weird. :)

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

NewRazrMaxx11757

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my Razr Maxx HD; I'm attempting to use text features in my Ford C-Maxx thru Ford Touch sync. The phone has connected successfully, including my 'contact/phonebook', however when I go to text, it doesn't seem to want to work. Can anyone assist with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my Razr Maxx HD; I'm attempting to use text features in my Ford C-Maxx thru Ford Touch sync. The phone has connected successfully, including my 'contact/phonebook', however when I go to text, it doesn't seem to want to work. Can anyone assist with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

I have an older version of sync in my 2009 Taurus so i'm probably no help but sending a text is disabled in mine because the don't want you texting at all. However it does speak the message for me. Just check the Bluetooth settings for audio and media is on or let the Dealer help you.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Take it to a Ford dealership and they will get you set up in no time at all. They will also instruct you on how to use it. It is a lot easier doing that than watching videos or reading posts.