Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthony2558
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr Maxx and Ford Sync

I am trying to listen to apps (i.e. Pandora, iheart radio, etc) on my Maxx through my Ford Sync system but I can't figure out how to sync it. Can someone help?

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Razr Maxx and Ford Sync

This might help:

Robert Cruz likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Sell the Ford... Will solve all of your problems

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Sell the Ford... Will solve all of your problems
    Ok, now let's see if we can really help solve the issue instead of coming up with "smart *ss" comments that don't help.

Make sure your phone is connected to SYNC via Bluetooth. Then try running the app from your phone. Once it starts, it should play through your system.

When I play music through my Ford Flex, I have to start the music playing on my phone, afterwards I can control it (pause, skip songs, etc.) from my steering or touch screen controls. With my old Droid X, I could pull up the phone music from Sync, but with my Maxx, I have to initiate it on the phone itself. Hope this helps.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Sorry, somehow missed Anthony's post above. Hope you got it working.

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Sorry, the tequila was strong...

Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Once you have connected your phone via Bluetooth you should be ready to go. I downloaded the Serius/XM app this week and all I need to do is activate that in the car push the Ford sync button and say "Bluetooth audio" and it connects. That's it.
    Deluxe Member

I just had a Ford Escape as a rental this past weekend, and Sync worked over BT quite well. Had to scan through the media menu, but once set up it was smooth sailing.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I am a tech w/ ford who actively deals with SYNC concerns. To those with issues where you have to initiate the sound on the phone, first this is actually an android problem... but there is a good fix. Download A2DP volume from market. Find your bt device you wish to connect to in the app and click "edit" then "connect to" and select the same device again. I know it seems redundant but it forces the A2DP to connect via mac address of the device and fixes tons of bt stream issues on ALL types of devices. I have to do this to get my bionic to agree w my jvc headunit in my car.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

Anyone know how to increase the volume on phone calls with SYNC and the Maxx?

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 5111 View Post
    If it's anything like my GMC truck then it would be the volume button on the radio.. I doesn't allow me to use the phone volume button.

via Razr MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by 5111 View Post
    I think you have to turn the volume up during a phone call (radio or steering volume controls should work). This also works for turning syncs voice up while it's talking. Basically, when something is coming from your speakers, you can adjust the volume.

I just tried A2DP volume out on my S705 headset and for some reason the stereo sound seems better. Not sure if it's a placebo effect but just seems better. Weird. :-)

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx
    Last edited by rbess1965; 06-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.

I just purchased my Razr Maxx HD; I'm attempting to use text features in my Ford C-Maxx thru Ford Touch sync. The phone has connected successfully, including my 'contact/phonebook', however when I go to text, it doesn't seem to want to work. Can anyone assist with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRazrMaxx11757 View Post
    I just purchased my Razr Maxx HD; I'm attempting to use text features in my Ford C-Maxx thru Ford Touch sync. The phone has connected successfully, including my 'contact/phonebook', however when I go to text, it doesn't seem to want to work. Can anyone assist with this issue?

Thanks in advance.
    I have an older version of sync in my 2009 Taurus so i'm probably no help but sending a text is disabled in mine because the don't want you texting at all. However it does speak the message for me. Just check the Bluetooth settings for audio and media is on or let the Dealer help you.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Take it to a Ford dealership and they will get you set up in no time at all. They will also instruct you on how to use it. It is a lot easier doing that than watching videos or reading posts.

Braden is such a jerk. Hopefully a bus will hit him.