Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post

I think it might have been you that said droid-lift is turning into the TMZ of Android blogs.
    Oh my God, that just brightened my day lol

Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 06-12-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Default Re: uhhh ICS??..Where?

I think the reason I am so excited to get ICS on this phone, is because right after the update, I plan to step onto my 2085 Chevrolet Volt and beam myself to the moon for a relaxing afternoon at the beaches of the Sea of Tranquility.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Came across this on VZW support.

Thanked by:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by matsechler View Post
    Came across this on VZW support.

sounds like WebOS customer support....

My guess is we'll be getting the ICS upgrade the end of this month/early July.

Who cares? We have THIS!

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Who cares? We have THIS!

OMG!! After seeing this, who cares about ICS?! I'm goin' to LA!!
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Better than an "Ice Cream Sandwhich"

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post

Better than an "Ice Cream Sandwhich"

This falls under the catagory of WTF were they thinking...
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Cool Re: uhhh ICS??..Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    This falls under the catagory of WTF were they thinking...
    they were denying America has an obesity problem, not an epidemic. an epidemic is a disease/virus, not a life choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    They said end of Q2 which is end of June. But the way Verizon works, end of Q2 is when they will remember that Razr Maxx owners exist. End of Q3 is when they'll start sending out a soak test. then we wont hear anything until 95% of Maxx owners have updated to something else. Then they'll act like they're all fantastic when they release the ICS update to 55 customers. This will be of course when Android 7.1.2 is being released on other phones.
    Unofortunately this is mostly true. Even before the Razr was released the played up that ICS would be coming to it shortly after release. They may not have said those exact words (although local Verizon reps did say this) but they definitely implied that it was as a way to get people to buy it over the Nexus.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cwalker28 View Post
    Unofortunately this is mostly true. Even before the Razr was released the played up that ICS would be coming to it shortly after release. They may not have said those exact words (although local Verizon reps did say this) but they definitely implied that it was as a way to get people to buy it over the Nexus.
    I recall Motorola saying the RAZR would get ice cream sandwich six weeks after the source was released.
    I'm just glad I like this phone how it is now. I can wait for ICS.
    lordwalker likes this.

When the original Razr was released it was advertising as update to ICS in early 2012. Unfortunately Verizon must run on a 36 month yearly calendar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    When the original Razr was released it was advertising as update to ICS in early 2012. Unfortunately Verizon must run on a 36 month yearly calendar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Time dilation. Verizon's HQ must be on a spacecraft somewhere approaching the speed of light.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold RN View Post
    Have any of you heard the report from Droid life that Verizon has reported no release date for ICS for Razr and Maxx owners yet? I've seen this a couple places now, but not here.
    Actually, I had a Verizon Rep on Twitter tell me yesterday that there is no release date for it yet. And no, I'm not making this up or trying to start anything...it's the truth.

T

Sent using my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2!

Quote Originally Posted by T_Rob View Post
    Actually, I had a Verizon Rep on Twitter tell me yesterday that there is no release date for it yet. And no, I'm not making this up or trying to start anything...it's the truth.

T

Sent using my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2!
    And how many times do people have to say that carrier "Reps" do not know anything about what it is their company is doing.... I don't care if they are from Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint or the big bad AT&T, they still don't know anything!!! Even if they are wearing sunglasses
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

I've heard 3 different stories from 3 different reps about 3 different topics just this week. All of which were proven fools. I don't believe a Damned word they say. People have to learn that.

Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

I am aquaintances with a couple of Verizon CSR's. I can say with absolute certainty they have NO idea when ICS is supposed to come out. For that manner they would be baffled if you asked them anything about an Ice Cream Sandwich other than the one made with actual ice cream.

I am aquaintances with a couple of Verizon CSR's. I can say with absolute certainty they have NO idea when ICS is supposed to come out. For that manner they would be baffled if you asked them anything about an Ice Cream Sandwich other than the one made with actual ice cream.
    And even then I wouldn't be so sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

As long as this doesn't turn into the Fascinate update debacle...

I just got this automated text message from Verizon:

"Free Verizon Message: Your phone will soon be upgraded to Android 4.0. At that time we will remove your Verizon Wireless Mobile IM app because it is not supported on Android 4.0. Please download a new instant messaging app to use IM on your phone. Thank you for using Mobile IM!"

I think it's an encouraging sign......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Did you get this message today?

Not yet, but witch "IM" do they want us to remove?

Scratch that last
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by coondog7820 View Post
    I just got this automated text message from Verizon:

"Free Verizon Message: Your phone will soon be upgraded to Android 4.0. At that time we will remove your Verizon Wireless Mobile IM app because it is not supported on Android 4.0. Please download a new instant messaging app to use IM on your phone. Thank you for using Mobile IM!"

I think it's an encouraging sign......
    Coondog7820's face when he was typing that post:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast