New to Droid and got the Maxx, help!
06-19-2012 08:40 AM
- Came from a Blackberry 9930 with VZW and got the Maxx on Monday. I dont have many apps installed. I use 2 gmail accounts and 1 corporate sync email account. The past 2 days each, I have used about 100 minutes of bluetooth talk, 40 emails, about an hour web, a few downloads and thats all, no social media at all. My battery comes off the charger at about 7am and I pretty much stop using it at 7pm and the battery will be at 30%. Last night, the battery went from 30% to 5% with about 30 minutes of web browsing. My battery usage is below. If you have any ideas how to improve the battery life, or if this is how it is, please respond. Thanks.
smart actions=2%06-14-2012 09:07 AM
- Like you I'm fairly new to the Maxx and Android. The first few days when I got the phone, I just used it as is and I noticed that my battery wasn't lasting as long as some people described here. Certain it was good but not fantastic. At the time I didn't have much apps other than a few e-mail accounts and phone calls here and there throughout the day.
One thing to save battery is to set up a Smart Action so that when you are sleeping, so does the phone. No e-mails, no syncing, no bluetooth, no wifi, etc. Have it wake up 30 mins. before you do and when you get up it'll be all sync'ed up and ready to go.
Also note that with lipo batteries, they really don't develop their full capacity until after 3-5 full cycles. I use these types of batteries to fly my radio control helicopters and airplanes. The first thing I do with a new pack is to cycle them 3-5 times down to 10% and back to charge them back to 100% without interruption to "train" them. After that you can do whatever your want; 1/2 charge, top if off, etc.06-14-2012 10:05 AM
- Like kingmeow said, a couple cycles of charging, plus using smart actions, will improve battery life. I say next week your phone will be down to maybe 50% by 7pm after this. If you don't have time to customize your smart actions, it comes with quite a few suggestions already, and they all work great.
Also, it doesn't hurt to restart the phone every once in awhile (hold down power, turn off, turn back on). I usually do it if I start to see battery drainage when it really shouldn't be draining.06-14-2012 10:48 AM
- bradenfontaineThe Mad Manjust throwing this out there, but try turning off all smart actions for a couple of days to see if that improves things. i have an open issue with Motorola about smart actions eating up over 2 hours of maxxed out CPU usage for no apparent reason. they are aware of the issue, but dont have a fix for it yet. it is worse when you have locations set up for smart actions, severe battery killer. great app, just needs a couple of fixes.06-14-2012 12:48 PM
- For me...the biggest thing I did to save the battery life is to toggle off 4G when I don't need it. 4G eats up a ton of battery...especially if you are not in a strong 4G area. The only time I need 4G is when I am downloading or streaming music/data. I also use the smart actions with the "sleep" mode. I have it set for midnight to 6am. I can easily go 2 days without needing to charge my maxx. I was able to go 36 hours before my battery dropped down to 50%.06-14-2012 04:50 PMLike 1
- B. DiddyThe Best Damn Ambassador AnywhereFor me...the biggest thing I did to save the battery life is to toggle off 4G when I don't need it. 4G eats up a ton of battery...especially if you are not in a strong 4G area. The only time I need 4G is when I am downloading or streaming music/data. I also use the smart actions with the "sleep" mode. I have it set for midnight to 6am. I can easily go 2 days without needing to charge my maxx. I was able to go 36 hours before my battery dropped down to 50%.06-14-2012 06:31 PM
- 06-15-2012 11:02 AM
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 206-16-2012 12:12 AM
- Thanks for everyones help. BTW Im in Chicago with great 4g coverage.
I have done what is suggested and have power cycled twice since posting. Battery doesnt seem to be much better. Maybe its my expectation based on what I read about the battery, however coming from a Blackberry 9930 and using my phone mostly for calls and emails, the Maxx battery isnt much better.
Today I took the Maxx off the charger at 8:30am and received about 8 emails, 2 texts, and browsed the web on 4g(it does switch off 4g sometimes) and the battery info is below.
60% left on the battery
3h 49m 54s on battery
the rest are all very low usage
Any other advice...06-16-2012 12:03 PM
- So I have done about 5 battery cycles and all the steps above. I also went to a Verizon store and they said it could be a bad battery; that 1 out of 5 have bad batteries. Also, I do get signal fluctuations and that can contribute; yesterday I only got 13.5 hours for the day and was on 30% battery web surfing on 4g for about 45 minutes and it dropped to 10%.
Really wish I can get 1.5 to 2 days out of this phone...06-19-2012 08:25 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR MAXX
New to Droid and got the Maxx, help!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD