I just received this text from Verizon.!!!!

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Dear Verizon wireless sucker uhhh customer.

First off thank you for being one of the people who made the Razr Maxx our best selling phone. We realize that when the Razr line launched last year that we suckered uuuuuh misled ummmm mistakenly said it would receive ICS in early 2012.
Please be assured that we are still working haphazardly ummmm diligently to get this update ready for your phone.
Some of the native ability of ICS just doesn't work with the way we want to rip you off ummmm don't work with our phones.
The ability to disable apps has caused many problems seeing as how we don't want you to disable all the bloat we put on our phones. We are hard at work trying to figure out how to make a disabled app still use data in the background to either cause overages or to make you choose a more expensive plan on our wonderful new shared data plans.
Once again be assured we are working hard to get this update ready. We promise just as soon as we figure out how to use it to screw you we will begin small soak tests. We hope to have the update done by this time next year.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Reactions: Snowcrash45

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol at least this is happening to Verizon's babies just like it is its step children. It's really too bad that all the non droid phones have to wait on the droids though.

This is also why I won't by a network tablet. No carrier means no carrier delays on updates for little to no reason. And especially not for marketing reasons

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
At least they are finally being honest with us. I got the same text but they were referring to their customers using a highly offensive, vulgar term. Seemed more like a text from The Bronx than a text from Verizon. But I guess they are taking a new approach of honesty ever since announcing their new "Bone Everyone" plans.

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Whine all you want about not having ICS, but seriously. Be honest. ICS is the ONLY reason you bought a Razr Maxx? Were you really screwed?

Even with Gingerbread, it's still one of the best phones on the market. I can't wait for ICS, but I still love my Maxx and will gladly wait as long as it takes to make sure ICS is a seamless transition.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Whine all you want about not having ICS, but seriously. Be honest. ICS is the ONLY reason you bought a Razr Maxx? Were you really screwed?

Even with Gingerbread, it's still one of the best phones on the market. I can't wait for ICS, but I still love my Maxx and will gladly wait as long as it takes to make sure ICS is a seamless transition.

Cry all you want about what others post , but it's not going to change anything. I mean be honest is the ONLY reason you joined android central to complain about what others post? Regardless of people trying to have a little fun and lighten the mood by poking fun at Verizon this is still the best android forum around.
Seriously you need to lighten up hop off the soap box and stop taking all this phone stuff so serious.

And no, I honestly didn't buy the Maxx just for ICS I bought the nexus for ICS this is what I got after going thru 4 Nexus with signal problems.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Reactions: LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Be Honest, would you REALLY wait for 2 years to get ICS or would you start to get a little irritated? I HIGHLY doubt your statement is 100% truthful. Sure, you aren't all that antsy to get the new OS and that's good! Someone should buy you a cake and pat you on your head for that accomplishment. But it's pretty lame for you to jump on the forums and mock the people who are excited.

Of course with Gingerbread it's one of the best phones on the market. But with ICS it will be even better and potentially a major player all over again even with newer phones being released. At least until another 3300mAh battery gets released.

You people who go around to all the ICS threads just to talk down to those who are anxious drive me crazy. At least we're excited for an awesome new OS. You're just excited for a new thread to bash. I think we have the more respectable ambitions.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You guys would have never lasted with a WebOS phone. Those updates took way longer than "coming months"

And that would be why it was a flop. It's not like we're expecting some incompetent third world company to get something accomplished. We're all taking about Android, Motorola, and Verizon. These 3 know what the heck they are doing. We can, and SHOULD expect more from Verizon.

tkolgen

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
anyone else getting this error message when they try to update their System Updates: Check for update is not available at this time, Try again Later?

Been getting it all day. Might be a sign

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
anyone else getting this error message when they try to update their System Updates: Check for update is not available at this time, Try again Later?

Been getting it all day. Might be a sign

I get checking for update please wait. Left it that way for awhile and nothing happened. You guys are crashing their server, shame on you. :)

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the same text. Or I am drunk. I cannot remember which is which. This swift key x makes drunken texts spelled correctly at least. It is like my phone knows what I am going to say before I do. Creepy...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech