Square

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used Square with their RAZR MAXX? I was thinking of applying for an account. Does anyone have any feedback that would be helpful?

Thanks

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I know a couple people that are signed up with Square. They have nothing but good things to say about it. It's supposedly a really seamless setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Optid

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I was going to ditch my carriers insurance for square, but then I noticed they don't protect the phone against lost/stolen etc. Although, they do protect against accidents.

It comes out cheaper than paying monthly for the life of the contract, but both carrier insurance and square have the same deductibles.

I rather have the lost/stolen insurance.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you are refering to Square, the credit card processing app, it works great.

I have seen other companies have the same thing (intuit, and I think Pay Pal now), but I had signed up with Square prior to those coming out.

The set-up is easy. The processing is easy. Payment to your account is received he next business day. It emails a copy of receipt to both you and person paying, with their signature, if they signed.

You can either swipe a card, or manually enter numbers. Pretty simple.

I would recommend to anyone who wants ability to collect payments via credit card.

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I signed up for Square last month and used it on my Razr Maxx. It worked like a charm and the registration process was a cinch :) BTW, be sure you read all the reviews for the Square app before downloading it. It appears that some users weren't too pleased about a long wait for their money to get deposited into their bank, especially if it's a huge amount like $1,000 or more....knowing that piece of info, I won't accept large transactions then ;)

I would recommend it for simple & small transactions:D

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys! I sell alot of things at farmers markets and on craigslist. Hopefully this will work for me. They said my CC reader will be here in 3-5 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LazyPJ

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Really interested in this thread. Is anyone using a Square Credit card swipe reader with a verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD?

laparker150

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
You gotta play with it a little to make sure you are swiping the card level and at the right speed. Works great on my Maxx.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kevin.slawinski

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've signed up and got my card reader, but never really had the chance to try it out. Signing up was super easy though. Let us know how it goes!

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
You gotta play with it a little to make sure you are swiping the card level and at the right speed. Works great on my Maxx.

The reader is hit and miss you gotta swipe it just right. I've found that the PayPal reader works every time but I have to take my otterbox to use it. :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Gerald Hughes

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Motorola Droid MAXX. The Square-up card reader does not work. I have to use my iPad. The MAXX meets all requirements stated by Squareup but still does not work.

Carolina Homechek

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here with my Droid MAXX from verizon. Just got it and the Verizon store folks said it would work. I am waiting on a response from the Square folks on how to make it work.

Carolina Homechek

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Here is their response:

Thanks for writing into Square Support. The Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080 is currently not supported. There are several thousand Android devices on the market, and we strive to support them all. In some cases, however, the Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility but still not communicate properly with the Square hardware or the Square apps.

For more information on which devices are supported, please visit our Help Center at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...up.com%2Fhelp%2Farticle%2F3887&token=DIoDWqbU.

If you’re considering obtaining a new phone or tablet, feel free to reply with the make and model and I’ll be happy to determine its compatibility.