Verizon snooping?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with tech support due to the bottom of my screen having lines flickering across it. He told me to do a factory reset and i told him that I already did, even though I didn't because its a hardware issue and i know a reset isn't going to fix something like that. He came back and told me that it doesn't show a reset being done. How the hell does he know? makes me wonder what else they can see on our phones....

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS!!! ;)

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that every time you flash a new rom or do a factory reset, it counts as a new activation, so they could just be looking at the last time your phones esn was activated.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Its possible. Kinda creeped me out when he said it. He was a real ass to me too. I've never had customer support from Verizon be so rude to me before

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Next time don't lie to them and maybe they'll be nicer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maybe if these idiots knew what they were talking about. I'm not going to waste my time doing something I know won't work. Their first suggestion is factory reset for everything. That's not gonna fix a hardware issue duh!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Its possible. Kinda creeped me out when he said it. He was a real ass to me too. I've never had customer support from Verizon be so rude to me before

Get use to it, they treat everyone that way! Well they use to,I got smart and left.:):beer:;):p:D:thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Reactions: carracerz14

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
were you using the maxx while on the phone? If you were that is the only way i could have thought was because you would have had to call back but if not then idk because I went through tech support before and they always try to get me to do a factory reset and most of the time I wouldn't because I know it wouldnt help.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was on my phone when I called them. I could hear him making clicks with his mouse for a min or two then he said it doesn't show that you did a factory reset

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I always have... just because the issues I have had don't keep me from making calls and usually don't require troubleshooting because I always trouble shoot before I call

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
good question, i know they can see when a phone is turned off, and when it is not... now my curiosity is going ape sh*t

From my understanding from one of the upper tier tech support guys I spoke with when my wife's screen took a dump on her MAXX, they have the ability to remote troubleshoot the RAZR from remote. He was able to tell - even though I could not see but had a good guess - that the screen was at the activation screen. I had not told him that I had done a hard reset on it. :cool:

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding from one of the upper tier tech support guys I spoke with when my wife's screen took a dump on her MAXX, they have the ability to remote troubleshoot the RAZR from remote. He was able to tell - even though I could not see but had a good guess - that the screen was at the activation screen. I had not told him that I had done a hard reset on it. :cool:

I was prompted by the system if I was okay with remote support before I was even connected to a technical representative.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if these idiots knew what they were talking about. I'm not going to waste my time doing something I know won't work. Their first suggestion is factory reset for everything. That's not gonna fix a hardware issue duh!

They are required to run down a list of 'solutions' before they can swap out a device. That's what happened with you.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
With any LTE Verizon phone after a master reset it has to activate hence they know if it was done

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I never gave them the okay to remote trouble shoot my device. If he did with out my permission then its a violation of my privacy

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I never gave them the okay to remote trouble shoot my device. If he did with out my permission then its a violation of my privacy

He didn't. All he saw was that your device wasn't activated recently.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Eh. Regardless. I ended up doing the factory reset after I got off the phone with them. And yup problem still there. I just know I'm in the clear. He said that all devices are inspected and if a factory reset fixes the problem I will be billed. Well nothing to sorry about now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt