Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By locutor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default (Practical) Universal Inbox wanted

I migrated to the Razr Maxx from the Droid 2 and want a Universal Inbox on my home screen like the latter had. I tried the Maxxs stock Universal Inbox widget, but its no good. It requires three steps each time: Open > Go to Messaging > Universal Inbox. How can I set up a one-tap Universal Inbox like my Droid 2 had? Gotta be a way.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Default Re: (Practical) Universal Inbox wanted

Try K9.

I have the same question. The stock one is nice but getting there is impractical. Subscribed.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I purchased Pure Messenger app which I really like. It separates each gmails nicely and works really well. However, I've had problems with the app since the recent Gmail updates so I stopped using it.

Moto should have a Universal Inbox where you don't have to tap once to get into the Universal Inbox, then tap Universal Inbox again to get into the Universal Inbox Mail, then tap the email to open it up. I mean, how lame is that move?

I was hoping the ICS update would fix this problem, but probably not. I will just have to deal with the 3x inbox move or wait for a fix on Pure Messenger.
    Samsung A950 > LG Choco > BB Curve > DINC > DINC2 > MAXX > Moto X
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

im sure there is an App out there that would do what we want, ill let you know if i come across one.

Smile Re: (Practical) Universal Inbox wanted

I just updated to ICS (aka Android 4.0) on my Verizon Razr MAXX. There IS a universal inbox, under a.other name, and it's accessible directly from an icon. Go to apps, widgets (tab), email account -- hold finger down on email account; it puts an icon on your home page AND opens a menu to choose an account or "combined view." Works great!!!