ICS update problem

ladychad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I received update notification as I was answering call, now i'm not sure how to begin upgrade. Any ideas? "About phone" says no update available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ladychad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I powered off for a few minutes. Is that what you mean? Or power/volume key thing?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So did powering off help? I hear the upgrade is 350 MB or more so unless your signal is good and steady might want to try wifi.
There is a lot of talk about whether or not to prep your phones for this like doing a reset and such as it is such a major change. No clue, but I'm going to be watching with interest as folks start getting these on.

ladychad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got the notification, but geeked the download, so.....
near Van Buren, AR, almost

And no, powering off didn't help. Hasn't yet anyway. Tried a couple of times.

Thanx for replies n help y'all.

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got a notification saying I would be getting the update within a week... It wasn't the notification that it was available.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Razr Maxx

ladychad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Mmmmm. That could be what my notification said. I was struggling to reach eye glasses & answer incoming call.

ladychad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to review status bar notifications once you have cleared them?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just received a notification message, not a SMS, but some type of popup message... it looks like it was from Verizon or Motorola, and all it did was say a new update is coming in the next week and it will have a lot of look and feel differences from what you currently have today... they were just saying ICS is coming and you should be prepared for the change, and we would see it in about a week.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I just received a notification message, not a SMS, but some type of popup message... it looks like it was from Verizon or Motorola, and all it did was say a new update is coming in the next week and it will have a lot of look and feel differences from what you currently have today... they were just saying ICS is coming and you should be prepared for the change, and we would see it in about a week.

wonder if people will continue hitting that check update button?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing. Almost freaked because I canceled out of the pop up because I just drove home and was still in my car. I hit the back button and puff it was gone. When I didn't see an update actually ready I got on here & then realized it was only a message:) glad for A. C..

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just saw this on a GSII post about his recent ICS update. I sure hope ours goes much better than this.

"Mine went through no troubles, first try. Not sure what might of happened on your end but I will tell you this... After a whole day of testing I can say that the build isn't finished, or Samsung really botched this one. I'm not sure how ICS is on the T-mobile variant, but this is BUGGY and LAGGY. Specific bugs? Just normal day to day use will point some of them out. But the lag is horrible. My multi-tasking menu pop-up has such a delay to it. This really isn't the final final release because this phone was buttery smooth on gingerbread and now... not so much.
I might try and factory reset and see if that helps, but I doubt it."

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Reactions: bradenfontaine

hextall27

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's a picture of the message. And a picture of my MAXX. So within a week the update will be rolling out. So just be patient and stop rebooting your phones.