Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS update problem

I received update notification as I was answering call, now i'm not sure how to begin upgrade. Any ideas? "About phone" says no update available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Reboot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I powered off for a few minutes. Is that what you mean? Or power/volume key thing?

Default Re: ICS update problem

So did powering off help? I hear the upgrade is 350 MB or more so unless your signal is good and steady might want to try wifi.
    There is a lot of talk about whether or not to prep your phones for this like doing a reset and such as it is such a major change. No clue, but I'm going to be watching with interest as folks start getting these on.

People who have it - post location in the US and when you got it
    kt081801 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well, I got the notification, but geeked the download, so.....
    near Van Buren, AR, almost

And no, powering off didn't help. Hasn't yet anyway. Tried a couple of times.

Thanx for replies n help y'all.

I just got a notification saying I would be getting the update within a week... It wasn't the notification that it was available.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Razr Maxx
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Mmmmm. That could be what my notification said. I was struggling to reach eye glasses & answer incoming call.

bradenfontaine likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Is there a way to review status bar notifications once you have cleared them?

I don't think so, but someone just took a picture in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore2004 View Post
    I just got a notification saying I would be getting the update within a week... It wasn't the notification that it was available.

I got the same thing even though im already on ics
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Lightbulb Re: ICS update problem

Quote Originally Posted by ladychad View Post
    Is there a way to review status bar notifications once you have cleared them?

not that i know of, but i think by now it is safe to assume the notification we all got is the one you received.

I just received a notification message, not a SMS, but some type of popup message... it looks like it was from Verizon or Motorola, and all it did was say a new update is coming in the next week and it will have a lot of look and feel differences from what you currently have today... they were just saying ICS is coming and you should be prepared for the change, and we would see it in about a week.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I just received a notification message, not a SMS, but some type of popup message... it looks like it was from Verizon or Motorola, and all it did was say a new update is coming in the next week and it will have a lot of look and feel differences from what you currently have today... they were just saying ICS is coming and you should be prepared for the change, and we would see it in about a week.
    wonder if people will continue hitting that check update button?

I did the same thing. Almost freaked because I canceled out of the pop up because I just drove home and was still in my car. I hit the back button and puff it was gone. When I didn't see an update actually ready I got on here & then realized it was only a message:-) glad for A. C..

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    wonder if people will continue hitting that check update button?
    After I read the message I still check for the update
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

I just saw this on a GSII post about his recent ICS update. I sure hope ours goes much better than this.

"Mine went through no troubles, first try. Not sure what might of happened on your end but I will tell you this... After a whole day of testing I can say that the build isn't finished, or Samsung really botched this one. I'm not sure how ICS is on the T-mobile variant, but this is BUGGY and LAGGY. Specific bugs? Just normal day to day use will point some of them out. But the lag is horrible. My multi-tasking menu pop-up has such a delay to it. This really isn't the final final release because this phone was buttery smooth on gingerbread and now... not so much.
    I might try and factory reset and see if that helps, but I doubt it."

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanked by:

Here's a picture of the message. And a picture of my MAXX. So within a week the update will be rolling out. So just be patient and stop rebooting your phones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS update problem-img954987.jpg   ICS update problem-2012-04-27_02-49-56_587.jpg  

ROM
    Arctic HD

Why do you feel the need to create your own thread, and reply to every thread with the same message?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

It is slightly annoying Hex.

Just got a little excited thats all. By the way the update is downloading as i type.

Got the same notification about 8pm EDT 6/22/12 regarding the ICS update. Update started being pushed to my Razr MAXX around 1:45am 6/23/12 :-)

Talking Re: ICS update problem

DLing it now 20 percent done Southern New jersey,,, ill let u all know how it goes,,,, willi

Watch out, after the update , no more CDMA option. Hopefully a hack will arrive soon after for those not wanting their batteries drained at all times...

Quote Originally Posted by pushdrops View Post
    Watch out, after the update , no more CDMA option. Hopefully a hack will arrive soon after for those not wanting their batteries drained at all times...
    I noticed this. Also, screen captures can be down by holding volume down and power at the same time. Hiding applications isn't as easy as before. You now go to applications, hold press, drag to more info on home screen, view the info, than disable it.

Unless someone has found an easier way, such as now that I think about it just go to manage apps maybe?

Edit- just hit the menu button and than manage applications. Select the app and click disable
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 06-23-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast