Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By izhazissuez
  • 1 Post By mipana83
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 64 Gb microSD

Hi, Was wondering if anyone here has tried using a 64 gig microSD card with this phone. I just switched over from a Rezound that I gave to my daughter, and I am nearly maxed out on the 32 gig card with all my music (I tend to do that with my phones), so a bigger card would give me some breathing room.

I'm pretty sure that you can only use 32. I have a ton of music too and have found that Google Music streaming works beautifully for me... Took forever to upload my collection to googles cloud servers... I use it everyday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mrcraft2u View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you can only use 32. I have a ton of music too and have found that Google Music streaming works beautifully for me... Took forever to upload my collection to googles cloud servers... I use it everyday.

Is Google music streaming the stock Google play?

Quote Originally Posted by eklisiewicz View Post
    Hi, Was wondering if anyone here has tried using a 64 gig microSD card with this phone. I just switched over from a Rezound that I gave to my daughter, and I am nearly maxed out on the 32 gig card with all my music (I tend to do that with my phones), so a bigger card would give me some breathing room.
    I think I read somewhere that a 64gb will work. Don't quote me but I think I saw it's on this very forum

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by pawj112 View Post
    Is Google music streaming the stock Google play?
    It's now called Play Music... At least that's what the shortcut on my phone shows... ;-) you will need to install the software on your computer that has all your music.... Then upload. But like I said it takes awhile to upload the music but once its there you can listen to it from any Internet enabled device. I was surprised on how well it works.

ROM
    ?

Default Re: 64 Gb microSD

I use the 32g card. Works great!!

I have a wonderful 64 gb card in my RAZR maxx and used easy phones tunes and got all of my iTunes music to transfer without any issue at all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    .215 Leak

Quote Originally Posted by eklisiewicz View Post
    You should try Spotify

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    KB 1.3/OTB 1.4 /ICS

Yes sir it most definitely will work....I run a 64GB in my RAZR MAXX....just be sure to format the card once you put it in and you will be good to go
    Thanked by 2:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I also read that it would work, but wasn't sure since the specs don't list it as an option. BTW, I do use Spotify quite often, but it doesn't have everything that I listen to, which can be downright obscure. Thanks.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

to those using a 64GB card, what brand/model? Thanks!

Scott
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I would like to know too. The only 64 gig microSD cards I can find on Amazon are microSDXC. Not sure that will work with the phone.

ROM
    KB 1.3/OTB 1.4 /ICS

I'm using a SanDisk one that I purchased off of ebay 2 months ago for about $95 I think. The prices mah have dropped a bit since then. There are other models out there but I chose Sandisk because it's a name I know I can trust....seems like the others were from China....just my 2

Just bought and installed a Sandisk 64GB microSDXC I class 6 that I bought from Amazon. Working great.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I bought the same SanDisk microSDXC and it works good for me too.