ICS Downloading

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
What I want to know is how smoothly is ICS running. How is the UI and browser. Are you noticing the second core finally being used properly. Stuff like that. Anything would be great at this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

On mine it is running flawlessly. But I loaded my stock rom and removed root a week before the soak. Others did not and it seems to be causing issues.

UI and browser are nice. Smooth. Fluid. I did install Chrome Browser Beta and am loving it.

It took some time, about 30 minutes for everything to sync and settle after install. After that it seems to be very snappy. A little lag when initially opening apps like latitude, not that is expected.

sent from my rooted Incredible 2 on ICS candy

Reactions: rexbitz

digsy13

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
MI here...And nothing yet. Does anyone know (for a fact) if the OTA is administered/introduced regionally? If not, is there any method employed at all?

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
MI here...And nothing yet. Does anyone know (for a fact) if the OTA is administered/introduced regionally? If not, is there any method employed at all?

I would say they update the phones based on serial numbers.

Question, those of you getting the ICS update did you sign up for soak testing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I would say they update the phones based on serial numbers.

Question, those of you getting the ICS update did you sign up for soak testing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I received notification that the update was coming late Friday evening (6/22), and when I checked for updates early the following morning, it was available for download to my MAXX.

I never signed up to be part of the SOAK test.

BlueAndGold17

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon just confirmed that the ICS update will be rolling out starting tomorrow. You may get it ANYTIME next week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rodeezie

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting here. I believe I frequent my phone update status more than any other feature - Its madness!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Android Central Forums