Those of you with ICS...whatcha think?

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
With this option, I think would not root my RMaxx. Thanks a million. Now just waiting for the update.

It's worth rooting just to use SQLite editor to enable the built in hotspot. It's in the same database, just entry 79 instead of 150.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Folks have reported problems with that method. Link I posted went smooth as butter, but you "may" lose root but it is easy enough to recover.

They have, but they've also found the solution. I used it and installed ICS way more easily than with the link you posted. (literally all you use is stock recovery, without any of that other stuff)

Reactions: apquijano

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So this worked for you? I'm going to a party right now, but I'm definitely going to do this when I get back! I HATE BEING IMPATIENT!

Yes.

BUT, there is an issue with the recovery on GB not working properly with ICS, so you have to actually install ICS twice. The first time it will fail, but it actually installs the correct recovery during that first time. These are the steps I took:

1. Download file from that site. Put on external SD Card. (important!)
2. Boot into stock recovery.
3. Clear cache TWICE.
4. Choose install from SD, and then choose the file you downloaded.
5. Install. It should fail, saying something about the TMP Package.
6. It will kick you back out to the Install from SD screen.
7. Choose reboot system, and IMMEDIATELY press Volume up/down and the power button. This will send you back into recovery. (I had to lift off these keys for half a second, then press them all again in order for it to go into recovery)
8. Clear cache TWICE again.
9. Install this same file again. It will take half the time and complete successfully.

Boom. ICS.

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
That's not the easiest by any stretch of the imagination.

If your rooted it is. Takes all of 3 minutes to get it installing after downloaded. No need to wipe cache, install twice or any of that other hassle. I've done 2 of them, one using each method and the link I posted was by far the easiest if you are already rooted. If not, your method linked is about the only way.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If your rooted it is. Takes all of 3minutes to get it installing after downloaded.

Ahh. Rooted is different. If you aren't, what I posted is the best way.

cujou

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Lovin' ICS so far! However, although this isn't too big of a deal, I've noticed that this upgrade doesn't come with some of the wallpapers/live wallpapers (i.e. ICS Phase Beam, etc) that I've seen on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Are these wallpapers phone-specific and therefore, will not appear on a Motorola phone? Is Android Beam also specific for the Nexus only?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lovin' ICS so far! However, although this isn't too big of a deal, I've noticed that this upgrade doesn't come with some of the wallpapers/live wallpapers (i.e. ICS Phase Beam, etc) that I've seen on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Are these wallpapers phone-specific and therefore, will not appear on a Motorola phone? Is Android Beam also specific for the Nexus only?

I noticed that too. I'm peeved, but you can always find a system rip on the web that has them.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
By the way has anyone else noticed that all of the graphics, etc seem much sharper and clearer?

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

Android Beam is NFC and as far as I know the MAXX doesn't have an NFC chip. So to answer, Beam isn't really exclusive to the Nexus, the phone just has to have NFC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

daabsolute1

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
After a few hours of soft bricks...I am now enjoying some ICS for a late night dessert! Thanks again JHBThree for the link and steps!!!!

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea the fonts and Pentile...it does look a lil better.

Plus you can make them bigger or smaller...it may help even more. Play around with the font sizes...

Just checked the YouTube app..before with the red letters, pentile issues were alot easier to see. Now it's not. BUT....the red letters were on a black background before. Now its white.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited: