Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus for Maxx?

I am having a bunch of the data drop and Mic cut problems with my nexus and am going to try either getting a second nexus or asking if I can do a swap for either the Maxx out the IPhone I know I know lol. The only reason I got the nexus in the first place was ics now that the Maxx is getting it I'm having a hard time making up my mind. How much do you like your Maxx I've been growing the forum for a while trying to get an idea so I figured I'd finally ask lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,252 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

I dont think ill ever have a need for another phone. Period.

Sent from my Razr Maxx dripping ICS all over the floor

Default Re: Nexus for Maxx?

Best phone I have ever owned.. Battery life is absolutely astonishing and the phone is smooth as butter... MaXxOuT
    Thanked by:

Galaxy s3

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The battery is a huge plus for me, as long as it's smooth and quick I'm definitely going to consider it. How's the rotation delay do you guys have ics yet? I highly doubt they're gonna let me swap for an s3 that would be amazing but I doubt it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shanedroid1 View Post
    The battery is a huge plus for me, as long as it's smooth and quick I'm definitely going to consider it. How's the rotation delay do you guys have ics yet? I highly doubt they're gonna let me swap for an s3 that would be amazing but I doubt it lol.

Just did a manual install of ICS last night and I can honestly say that it is like having a brand new phone. The phone was amazing with Gingerbread, but with ICS it becomes a whole new monster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm trying to think if there's any specific questions I wanna ask, but so far you guys are making a great case for the Maxx. By biggest worry is that I had the droid x before my nexus and it got really slow and laggy. But if this phone is as smooth/good as you guys say it is I might try and swap when I call support. Thanks for all the help guys.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

I'm trying to think if there's any specific questions I wanna ask, but so far you guys are making a great case for the Maxx. By biggest worry is that I had the droid x before my nexus and it got really slow and laggy. But if this phone is as smooth/good as you guys say it is I might try and swap when I call support. Thanks for all the help guys.

There's a swap thread in the Nexus forum, so I suggest reading that before calling. I have it noted in my file to get a MAXX if I am ever so inclined, but many others have had that offer "turned down" by VZW.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hey dmm thanks I'm gonna check out our now I usually avoid the general nexus section and stick to the root section lol. I just don't wanna get another nexus, be all excited and have the same problems.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Hey dmm thanks I'm gonna check out our now I usually avoid the general nexus section and stick to the root section lol. I just don't wanna get another nexus, be all excited and have the same problems.

As a veteran of 4 Nexus devices, I completely understand. There's a reason my file has the MAXX swap notation .

EDIT: The thread you're looking for is "Yelling at Verizon"

I ordered the nexus to start with and had total signal loss 14 times an hour. I went that afternoon and swapped it for the maxx and I have to say that I love this freaking phone! So far it has been great no complaints at all.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 5

I switched from Gnex to MAXX. Was sick of never getting more than 2 hours screen on time. I regularly get 4-5 hours with 4G on. If I go wifi I can get over 5 hours.

I just got Verizon to send me a Maxx due to GNex problems, but they aren't doing even swaps anymore. They are sending customers to Samsung first. I complained enough that they sold me a Max at the new contract price and let me keep my GNex. Under no circumstances will they swap a GNex for an SGIII. Some are getting even swaps of Maxx for GNex but I was instantly shut down by tech support and customer service. I tried several replacement GNexs but still no even swap. I was told that they are swapping out too many GNex units and are starting to force customers to pay for the Maxx. My only complaint with the Maxx is the lack of an HD display and some Bluetooth streaming issues, which might be fixed with ICS. I might purchase an SGIII with dollars from selling my Nexus. All in all, you can't go wrong with the Maxx. The RAZR HD could be the best phone this year if they keep the same battery and have that rumored 13MP camera.

ROM
    ?

I am having a bunch of the data drop and Mic cut problems with my nexus and am going to try either getting a second nexus or asking if I can do a swap for either the Maxx out the IPhone I know I know lol. The only reason I got the nexus in the first place was ics now that the Maxx is getting it I'm having a hard time making up my mind. How much do you like your Maxx I've been growing the forum for a while trying to get an idea so I figured I'd finally ask lol.

I had the sames issues when I had my samsung. I got my MAXX on March 30 and can say I'm a happy camper. The battery rocks!! ICS will soon be on the MAXX.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Best phone I've ever had. I have an update coming in may...... I'm not going to need it for a while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2