Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I love my ics

I love this....phone is so much smoother...faster.... there are a couple things I don't like but the good far out weigh the bad....and I have found no other bugs yet...have you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I can't find any way to shut off the haptic feedback on the lockscreen...bit annoying

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: I love my ics

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1431 View Post
    I love this....phone is so much smoother...faster.... there are a couple things I don't like but the good far out weigh the bad....and I have found no other bugs yet...have you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Android Central Forums
    Ditto... well worth the wait!
    Regards,

Jim D.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I have one very small complaint:
    When using the keyboard, why did they decide to put an icon in the notification bar to change the keyboard layout? Again, not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying. They should have just left that as a long press on the text entry.

Everything else is great. It's smoother, more responsive, battery life is improved, chrome beta is awesome, the new menu structure is easy to manage, and for some reason, the text works very well with the pentile display.

Wonder what JB will bring.......
    Blackberry 8330 / HTC Hero / Motorola Milestone / Motorola Milestone X / Motorola Photon / Apple iPhone 4 / Motorola Droid Bionic / Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX / Verizon Galaxy Nexus / iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S4

I honestly love ICS and this phone so much that it's hard for me to believe I've been able to use anything else. Best phone I've had in years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey88 View Post
    I have one very small complaint:
    When using the keyboard, why did they decide to put an icon in the notification bar to change the keyboard layout? Again, not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying. They should have just left that as a long press on the text entry.

Everything else is great. It's smoother, more responsive, battery life is improved, chrome beta is awesome, the new menu structure is easy to manage, and for some reason, the text works very well with the pentile display.

That's an ics thing. I've noticed that it only does it when you have a third party keyboard installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey88 View Post

I hear that our phones will self recharge with JB. Just think....no more plugging it in t charge...How awesome is that.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

I agree. I loved the Maxx when I got it on release day, but tired of some of the Android 'issues' that we all lived with. After ICS, I put the iPhone back in the drawer and I'm very, very pleased with Maxx+ICS. This really is a great phone!

Anybody else having trouble connecting to 3g and 4g networks.... And how the heck do you take screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by phatymo View Post
    Anybody else having trouble connecting to 3g and 4g networks.... And how the heck do you take screenshots?
    Hold the power button and - volume at the same time for 1-2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by myersjesse View Post
    Hold the power button and - volume at the same time for 1-2 seconds.
    Tried it...still not working... -_-

am still "patiently" waiting for my ICS update, am in no hurry though, maybe cause I've never had ICS on my phone before so I don't know what to expect...it'll come around soon enough, but with all this talk about screenshots, smoother, faster, better battery life is so exciting!!!

Just think, this time, next week, we'll ALL have our ice cream sandwich (crossing fingers)

Oops never mind... Finally did it.. Weird???? Any suggestions on the network fails?

Oops never mind... Finally did it.. Weird???? Any suggestions on the network fails?
    Have you tried using any Network Signal Booster apps? I am unsure of it's validity, but some users have reported better signal after use.

No... But i called vz and they said the signal strength in my area is perfect, so they think the update might have jacked up the actual software related to the internal radios of my phone.... They want me to wipe it or get it replaced.... Really don't want to do either.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Nope no trouble. I haven't seen my signal go below 5 bars of 4g at all today. No data drops, nothing.
    Just look at the signal graph thing. Solid green for the last 8 hours or so.

If you're having trouble I would suggest wiping data and cache and see if that helps.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    ?

Can't wait to try ICS on my MAXX

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums