Am I really that inept?

kingmeow

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't answer that! :)

I'm trying to make my phone ring and vibrate when a call (any call) comes in. However, the vibrate is for phone calls only and no other notifications. How do I set that? I tried searching the forums to no avail. I know there's a Notificaitons setting in the Settings but that applies to every notification and not just phone calls. I don't want vibration for e-mails or text messages or anything esle, just phone call (along wth the ringer).

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I am running a rom on an HTC phone, but I just opened settings > sound > and there was another menu called vibrations and there were 3 toggles. One for calls one for notifications and one for messages. Just check your "ringtone" tab and click the menu button whenever you can in case there's a hidden menu. Hope you figure it out :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

kingmeow

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Under Vibrate, it only gives Always, Never, Only in Silent mode, and Only when not in Silent mode. It doesn't give me a choice on what action to apply it to (e.g., messages, e-mail, phone, etc.)

And under Ringtone I only get, well, ringtones (with no options of added vibrate). :)

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can open the message app>menu>messaging settings >scroll down to bottom and deselect vibrate.

Gmail: settings>sounds>deselect vibrate and ring under phone and notification settings.

Phone: open phone app>menu>settings>vibrate to always.

Hope it works. Its my best guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingmeow

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown