Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jmack549's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

    Default Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Took a screenshot at work yesterday and it sounded like I was taking pictures, its very loud. Can you disable that?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  
    taeisme's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    I have been wondering the same thing. it still makes that annoying shutter sound on silent, and vibrate.... no bueno.
  3. #3  
    Dukins's Avatar

    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,789 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    No way to disable it...........unless someone builds an app for that!
    taeisme likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Only other option is to root your device and go into /system/media/audio/ui and start looking for the .ogg file for the sound.

    Just rename the file to xxxxxx.ogg.bak



    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taeisme View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing. it still makes that annoying shutter sound on silent, and vibrate.... no bueno.
    Is there a separate setting for Media Volume on your phone?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default

    As a spokesman for the common RAZR owners, we hope they fix this lil discovery BEFORE they push it out to us commoners.


    Sent from Marx Maxx using Tapatalk.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  7. #7  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,776 Global Posts
    Carrier
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Only other option is to root your device and go into /system/media/audio/ui and start looking for the .ogg file for the sound.

    Just rename the file to xxxxxx.ogg.bak



    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    On my device the sound file is camera_click.ogg. It's the same sound that's played when you take a picture so renaming means no screenshot or camera shutter sound.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    No way to disable it...........unless someone builds an app for that!
    I have but it's not released yet. Aiming for the first week of July
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    I think this applies to most Android phones. I had the same thing on a Nexus S and now on a HTC ONEX. Also, the shutter sound on camera. I find it annoying. I use a different camera app, so I'm good on camera, but not good on screen shot.
  10. #10  
    DriveEuro's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP 5

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    On my device the sound file is camera_click.ogg. It's the same sound that's played when you take a picture so renaming means no screenshot or camera shutter sound.
    Exactly. I've done this for the camera focus and click soundon my RAZR MAXX. No sound from my camera.
    Use root explorer and just rename the file to .old or something similar. You get no error when you take a pic... just silence
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    jmack549's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by l00natic71 View Post
    I think this applies to most Android phones. I had the same thing on a Nexus S and now on a HTC ONEX. Also, the shutter sound on camera. I find it annoying. I use a different camera app, so I'm good on camera, but not good on screen shot.
    The camera app has an option to turn the sound off. The screenshot doesn't.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Thumbs up Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Only other option is to root your device and go into /system/media/audio/ui and start looking for the .ogg file for the sound.

    Just rename the file to xxxxxx.ogg.bak

    I just did this. It worked just fine. It's the same file for the camera shutter and the screenshot sound.

    /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

    I just appended .bak to it, and the camera shutter and screenshot sounds are gone.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Open the camera. In the bottom left corner is a settings icon, open it up, scroll to the vey last item listed. This should say "Shutter Tone". You should be able to de-select this and voila! No more shutter tone.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    That doesn't work. It gets rid of the camera shutter sound but not screen shot sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by hairyhamhock View Post
    Open the camera. In the bottom left corner is a settings icon, open it up, scroll to the vey last item listed. This should say "Shutter Tone". You should be able to de-select this and voila! No more shutter tone.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Phone funny here: Ok, so I'm in the mens room stall doin my bidness. And I wanted to take a screenshot of a FB post I was looking at, so I did it. And then, just as I hit that magic button combo I thought to myself;
    "self...Your alone in a stall in the mens room and people outside here are gonna HEAR your shutter click LOUDLY. And, they're gonna wonder WHAT is that dood taking a picture of in his stallll??? "
    By the time that computed, it was too late, it went off CAALICK.
    Not sure, but I think I heard the dood in the next stall laugh.
    Just a warning for you guys.
    Clicks sound funny in a men's room stall.
  16. #16  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Black Widow

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Only other option is to root your device and go into /system/media/audio/ui and start looking for the .ogg file for the sound.

    Just rename the file to xxxxxx.ogg.bak



    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    This works... of course you do have to be rooted...

    sent from the fingers of a madman
    BradenFontaine@gmail.com
  17. #17  
    senecala's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    I downloaded a program in google play called enforced stream silencer that will disable the camera sound. it seems that they removed it from the play store, but it works great. hear is a link to the apk if you want to try it

    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Sweet, thanks, that worked!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    I place my left index finger over the speaker and my right middle finger on the down volume and right index on the power button.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Sorry, but how do you do a screenshot ? What is the command? Thanks! Casey
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Hold power and the volume down button

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by senecala View Post
    I downloaded a program in google play called enforced stream silencer that will disable the camera sound. it seems that they removed it from the play store, but it works great. hear is a link to the apk if you want to try it

    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/
    Must have to be rooted for it to work. I installed it and it still clicks.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Open the app "enforced stream silencer" and check the box; uncheck the box if you want the click sound back.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Like the others said, theres no way to turn the shutter sound off. I have the Razr Maxx and I dont know why they didnt make it possible to turn it off. They def messed up with this one. I'm going to try to contact motorola and/or android to see if something can be done about this.
  25. #25  
    tlacour's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can you disable the screenshot sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    Must have to be rooted for it to work. I installed it and it still clicks.
    Works for me without root.
    Very nice.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions