Disable Stock Text app to get GOSMS On lock screen

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
That is awesome. This maybe a way to change all the icons with 3rd party apps. You may want to edit your post with detailed instructions im sure this is going to be gold mind information. :)

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I haven't found a way o replace all the native apps on the lock screen besides the text, I am hoping someone will figure it out.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
And does this only work on ICS or does it work on Gingerbread too? Is this a new ICS feature?

As far as I know, this is only available through ICS, seeing as that this particular lock screen is a feature only on ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Right, I didn't so much mean JUST for the lockscreen though. I mean in general. Cause I use GO SMS and sometimes I get a notification from them AND the stock messaging app. so it would be cool to know if on Gingerbread, I could disable it and have it stop doing that.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I see. It's worth trying. I would try it out for you, but I'm already on ICS. I can't imagine it being any different, though. Disabling the Text Messaging app should stop the notifications, and if it used to ask which of the two to use by default, it should just automatically go to GO SMS as well.

rpitts9999

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
In gingerbread you have to go into the stock text messaging application and hit the menu button and find the settings and turn off the notifications to stop being notified by it too.

Reactions: LegalAmerican

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have used Go SMS Pro for the last couple years... great app... but I uninstalled it prior to ICS just to see what Google did with the stock text messaging app... I'm very happy with the stock and will not load Go SMS Pro, at least for a while.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What did you like about it specifically? Cause I WANT to like stock applications/features simply to cut down on what I have downloaded. Thanks in advance.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That looks awesome! Very clean and classy. Maybe I will give it a solid shot too. Do you use Swype at all on ICS? If so, how accurate and efficient is that?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That looks awesome! Very clean and classy. Maybe I will give it a solid shot too. Do you use Swype at all on ICS? If so, how accurate and efficient is that?

Personally, I only use Swype since I got my Maxx... never had any issues with it... it's always been very accurate and efficient.

mishmosh2000

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I only tried swype briefly and didn't like it. Had gone with Go Keyboard for a while but am a new convert to SwiftKey 3. It predicts and corrects as if it was reading my mind!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome