ICS Comments

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Freaking Awsome!!

why in the heck do home and search cap buttons not work? SURELY they are not just going to have 2 dead buttons below? if so that is total BS.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Freaking Awsome!!

why in the heck do home and search cap buttons not work? SURELY they are not just going to have 2 dead buttons below? if so that is total BS.

What do you mean by dead buttons?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i cant get it to hard reset. vol up + power. when does this have to be done? while on or off? is their any settings to map the buttons? they give tactile feedback but do not do anything.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by dead buttons?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

my home and search capacitive buttons are not doing anything. home does not take me home and search does not search. they give tactile feedback but do not do anything.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Might have to wait til the battery dies if you can't hard reset.

Unfortunately that could be 2 days, I'd be streaming the shot out of some YouTube videos to wear it down.

The buttons should work.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
i cant get it to hard reset. vol up + power. when does this have to be done? while on or off? is their any settings to map the buttons? they give tactile feedback but do not do anything.

Its volume Down and power

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Soft reset is Power button + volume down, hold them both for about 10 seconds.

Hard reset is a factory reset, done from the Settings screen. I wouldn't do that unless the soft reset doesn't work.

There are no settings to map the buttons. I'm just glad we can still use the buttons, and not have redundant soft buttons on the screen, taking up valuable real estate.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Soft reset is Power button + volume down, hold them both for about 10 seconds.

Hard reset is a factory reset, done from the Settings screen. I wouldn't do that unless the soft reset doesn't work.

There are no settings to map the buttons. I'm just glad we can still use the buttons, and not have redundant soft buttons on the screen, taking up valuable real estate.

ditto on soft buttons, that was the stupidest idea!! lets sell it as a 4.65" screen and then put soft buttons to reduce the usable size to 4.3", lose the ever so important search button, and make the pixel scaling screwy for apps due to not being able to have resolution at 1280x720.

i found this while waiting for response.?

People... you are confusing reset with reboot terminology. The reason for the word HARD is because hardware buttons or battery is used. The reason for the word SOFT is because software (the ROM, firmware, settings) is used.

Resets wipe all data to clear bugs. Rebooted justs reboot the phone. Same computer terminology just apply it to smart phones....

Soft reboot/boot - power off phone with power key

Hard reboot/boot - remove battery while phone is on. Can't do this with RAZR so just hit power key + volume down key to simulate a battery pull.

Soft master reset - settings - privacy - factory reset

Hard master reset - power off phone - turn on phone - hold volume down and power key as phone turns on - enter fast boot mode - use volume down key to select recovery mode - android image appears - hit bottom right corner for menu - scroll down to factory reset / wipe option. - hit OK - hit yes Android RAZR resets itself to factory - when done it will prompt you to reboot - hit reboot system now. .... bam that's a DROID RAZR hard master reset..... it should only be done of you cannot access settings in the stock ROM or custom ROM!!!!!!!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
it is actually amazing how much better 4 capacitive buttons are rather than 3 soft buttons. i hope their will always be a phone with capacitive buttons. do the onex and s3 have capacitive buttons?

richburg0107

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
You reset the phone with the volume up and down keys after you shut down the phone.After you completely shut down you hold the volume up and down at the same time and hold the power botten at the same time and you'll get a black and white screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670