Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By apquijano
  • 1 Post By chris06ob
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr/Maxx OTA details

A Moto soak tester asked VZW and got the ok to pass this along:

I just asked and I am allowed to share this from Verizon. VZW is rolling it out in batches of 100-200k a night, the system rolls it out in no particular order. The option to pull will be available within the week, the system rolls them out through out the day. It is here, it is coming quickly, patience, please.

At this time checking for updates WILL DO NOTHING but agravate you.

I keep telling my son to be patient! (He's not!)
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3

Thank you for the info..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Razr/Maxx OTA details

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    A Moto soak tester asked VZW and got the ok to pass this along:

I just asked and I am allowed to share this from Verizon. VZW is rolling it out in batches of 100-200k a night, the system rolls it out in no particular order. The option to pull will be available within the week, the system rolls them out through out the day. It is here, it is coming quickly, patience, please.

At this time checking for updates WILL DO NOTHING but agravate you.

I keep telling my son to be patient! (He's not!)
    That "within the week" phrase is rustling my jimmies. VZW and every OEM need to stop using it. After one week, they seem to use it again out of spite. At this point, I'd prefer if they just said "soon."
    Last edited by Dovahkiin; 06-28-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Huzzah everyone! Lets turn those frowns upside down!
    leroybrute likes this.

I'm so excited for next Thursday when they tell us it will be available in a week.
    Thanked by:

Lol I'm so sick of this ! I wish Phil or one of the other writers here would do a scathing editorial aboutt vzw and moto and this PR nightmare(ok not really nightmare) but these stupid release timeliness and then saying oh its rolling out on the 22nd, OH no just kidding its in testing, OH syke its ready to roll out but only to a select number of testers, oh wait just kidding again its delayed but u guys should have it "within the week" WTF! Just fracking give it to us already!

Ps. I realize this was just one big run on sentence. Sorry typing on my phone at work on my 15 min break while trying to also eat and smoke cigs
    BoB_BaRkEr187 likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I'll believe this when I see it, have no faith in VZW when it comes to this stuff. This is also unconfirmed just like all the other rumors on these forums. We've been hearing "within a week" or the like for so long now that I can't even be bothered with listening any more

Im hoping its within this weekend but of course will not be holding my breath.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,311 Global Posts

Congrats on the rollout.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I'm so excited for next Thursday when they tell us it will be available in a week.
    By next Thursday they'll be announcing Jelly Bean on a Maxx HD for ya. How's everyone going to feel then

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    By next Thursday they'll be announcing Jelly Bean on a Maxx HD for ya. How's everyone going to feel then
    Still happy with my Maxx because I locked in another 2 years of unlimited data by upgrading to it. I could not have done that waiting for a Maxx HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Lmao, right :-)