Seemed like a slow roll out day yesterday.

thybrutalthrone

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Didn't look like a lot of people received the update yesterday, it appears everyone who has gotten the update get a notification prior around the evening sometime. So hoping we don't have to wait another night?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Didn't look like a lot of people received the update yesterday, it appears everyone who has gotten the update get a notification prior around the evening sometime. So hoping we don't have to wait another night?

Dude, how many threads like this are you going to start? Just post in this one you started yesterday.

We have a ton of threads like this and don't need another...

Just sayin'

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm okay with the new threads. I like to see an updated overview without having to sift through all the trolls in the other threads telling us how we ought to be grateful for getting pulverized by large corporations.

This sucks that nothing is happening with ICS cause I go out of town tonight and wont have service until sunday night. It's going to kill me wondering all weekend. Of course........I'm sure i'll get back and read plenty of new "ICS is coming within a week" official statements.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm okay with the new threads. I like to see an updated overview without having to sift through all the trolls in the other threads telling us how we ought to be grateful for getting pulverized by large corporations.

Speaking of that, has anyone else noticed the "1 and done" posters lately? It's always something like "I hate VZW and am going to sue them for lying", or "it will get here when it gets here, be patient". Both kinds of posts are equally annoying.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah both ends of the spectrum are super obnoxious. I am somewhere in between, leaning towards the impatient side. I think the whole process is a freaking joke regardless of all of the crap they have to test and get ready. I feel like that should be their focus when a new OS is released by Google. Otherwise, they shouldn't be in the smartphone industry.

That being said, making illogical threats about it is excessive and annoying.

Reactions: chris06ob

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah both ends of the spectrum are super obnoxious. I am somewhere in between, leaning towards the impatient side. I think the whole process is a freaking joke regardless of all of the crap they have to test and get ready. I feel like that should be their focus when a new OS is released by Google. Otherwise, they shouldn't be in the smartphone industry.

It is a joke, and I think it's Google's fault for not stepping in when this all started. But I don't even think they thought Android would take off like this.

It's so frustrating as a developer to want to use these new features in ICS and JB in my apps, only to have to code for Android 2.2 to reach the masses. So in two years I'll be able to add some cool stuff to my apps, and by then Windows Phone will be the hot mobile OS.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Here is my take on it, since I just know everyone will be fascinated by it and blinded by my brilliant comments and insight;

I am also in the impatient camp. While the Razr is entirely useable running Gingerbread, I have a tablet (Asus Transformer Prime) running ICS and I think it's great stuff. I also have two others running version 3, whatever foodstuff they called that (Lenovo IdeaPad and Samsung Galaxy 7 plus) and a couple other tabs laying around (BB Playbook, iPad2, Samsung Player) - and just ordered a Nexus. It seems like every time a major revision of Android comes along there are huge improvements in usability and capability that come with it, and while the device is fine with the older OS you can't help but think that with the newer one it's going to be that much better. I can't wait for Jellybean on the Nexus, and I can't wait for iOS6 on the iPad. ICS is SUPPOSED to be coming to both the IdeaPad and the Samsung 7 plus and I am impatient for them as well, although the IdeaPad is so heavy and clunky it doesn't get a lot of use.

I'm resigned to 2.2 on the Player and v2 on the playbook. Oh well.

The changes accruing from ICS on the Razr are going to be sweet and add some fun to the phone. But it will still do basically the same things, so while I am antsy for it and check update several times a day like most everyone else, I sigh when it's not there and go back to work.

BlueAndGold17

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I received ICS just after midnight last night/this morning and i didnt get any previous notifications telling me I was going to get it "within a week".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've gotta say, ICS on the Razr is buggy. The soak is over now. And I voted that it needed more refining. It's not broken, but it's buggy. Buggy enough the average user would get annoyed. So yes I'll say it, be patient, it is not ready for mainstream.

Sent from my Razr Maxx dripping ICS all over the floor

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've gotta say, ICS on the Razr is buggy. The soak is over now. And I voted that it needed more refining. It's not broken, but it's buggy. Buggy enough the average user would get annoyed. So yes I'll say it, be patient, it is not ready for mainstream.

Sent from my Razr Maxx dripping ICS all over the floor

I have done soak tests for the droid x, x2, and the bionic. Every one of them I thought the update needed more work and wasnt ready. I would even send Matt an email after the surveys. Usually no answer and Moto always pushed it anyways. Matt seems to get pushed pretty thin and I always felt my imput didnt mean anything for the time I invested. So i opt out now. One thing I do know 99% of the time the update gets pushed ready or not. This push is going to take longer just because more razr's have been sold than all the bionics. x and x2's put together. within the next month or so the razr will see maintanance updates to fix some of the bugs.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have done soak tests for the droid x, x2, and the bionic. Every one of them I thought the update needed more work and wasnt ready. I would even send Matt an email after the surveys. Usually no answer and Moto always pushed it anyways. Matt seems to get pushed pretty thin and I always felt my imput didnt mean anything for the time I invested. So i opt out now. One thing I do know 99% of the time the update gets pushed ready or not. This push is going to take longer just because more razr's have been sold than all the bionics. x and x2's put together. within the next month or so the razr will see maintanance updates to fix some of the bugs.

Funny. I'm running ics right now and I have no bugs or anything. Idk what you guys are talking about

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

If it's rushed, it's crap. If they hold their soak tests, slow rollouts, and take their sweet time for 8 months, it's still crap? Honestly, that paints a bad image of Motorola.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc