Gmail not Syncing

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My Razr Maxx will not automatically sync with my Gmail account, including email, contacts, calendar, etc... If i want anything to show up I have to manually sync it each time. Haqs anyone else had this problem and if so were you able to find a fix for it? It's driving me nuts!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you on ICS or Gingerbread?

If ICS, go to Settings->Accounts & sync, and make sure the toggle switch at the top of the screen is set to ON.

If Gingerbread, I can't quite remember what the screens looked like on the Maxx (I'm on ICS now). But looking at my backup Xperia Play on Gingerbread, I think if you go to Settings->Accounts & sync, you should see a box for "Auto-sync." Make sure that box is checked, but also be aware that it can increase your battery drain since your phone will be frequently syncing.

Reactions: vlok16

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually found my answer on another thread but thanks for the help anyway :)

Well i was just about to ask the same question but i hope the on/off toggle will work..
BUT what did you find out? You ask a question, find the answer on your own but don't tell? Speak up please..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue as the OP. Yes, auto sync is on. It is so annoying when OP's just write "I figured it out, thanks" and don't share. By doing that, they are diluting the value of people searching for answers on here. *felt good to vent*

Reactions: bradenfontaine

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue as the OP. Yes, auto sync is on. It is so annoying when OP's just write "I figured it out, thanks" and don't share. By doing that, they are diluting the value of people searching for answers on here. *felt good to vent*

When you say your auto-sync is on, do you mean that you have ICS, and the toggle switch at the top of your Settings->Accounts & sync screen is set to On?

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
When you say your auto-sync is on, do you mean that you have ICS, and the toggle switch at the top of your Settings->Accounts & sync screen is set to On?

That is correct. After reading the OP's solution I realize he's talking about the gmail app , whereas my issue is with the HTC mail app using a gmail account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae