ICS available through manual pull on June 30

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was not impressed at all with face unlock on the Nexus, I doubt it's going to be any better on the Maxx.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Face Unlock really seems to be more of a convenience and cool factor feature rather than a true security feature--after all, you could unlock a person's phone as long as you had a decent photo of him or her. I read that with Jellybean, they're adding some kind of sensor for "liveliness," whatever the heck that means. So presumably, you won't be able to use a photo to unlock.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Made it. Phew. Haven't got to to much exploring but i like the looks of it all ready. Screen us, I'm not sure how to put it besides different...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Stone Cold RN

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and installed!!! Enjoying my ice cream sammich right now!! Does anyone know when they will allow Razr's to pull it. Got a wife and kid eyeballing my ice cream here.;)

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My power is out from a storm and I have 39% battery left. Come on laptop, charge my battery!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums.

My phone went from 49 to 42 downloading via wifi and the install itself. Granted using 4g will use more but you should be ok. Of course, i would keep that battery for emergency only. Stay safe over there.

Kungpaoruvvin

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Downloading finally! Been pushing that update button for the last few days. I have been checking this forum religiously as well.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone went from 49 to 42 downloading via wifi and the install itself. Granted using 4g will use more but you should be ok. Of course, i would keep that battery for emergency only. Stay safe over there.

I drained it all the way to 30%. I got it back to 43% and ICS is fully installed. Plugged it into my laptop USB so at least I restored some power. That storm was nuts though!

Thanks for the safety wishes. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Face Unlock really seems to be more of a convenience and cool factor feature rather than a true security feature--after all, you could unlock a person's phone as long as you had a decent photo of him or her. I read that with Jellybean, they're adding some kind of sensor for "liveliness," whatever the heck that means. So presumably, you won't be able to use a photo to unlock.

Jelly bean will require you to blink to use face unlock. That's the liveliness feature.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

pwrwgn05

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yup, got mine about 6:45 AM here in NJ, though the whole process took a lot longer then Woody up there in NH. The whole process took about 45 minutes from start to finish. Guess I know what I'll be doing for the better part of my day now ;) 4G signal is a little weaker then before the update so we'll see if it improves. Was recently just rolled out in my area so maybe the signal isn't quite at full strength. Oh and want to thank everyone for all the informative posts. Folks like Braden up there; appreciated your input. :cool:

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt