Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery advice for new ICSers

If you notice that your battery life is significantly worse immediately after the ICS update, don't panic! From personal experience and from other posts on this and other forums, this has been a relatively common complaint which then resolves for the most part after a short time. I don't pretend to understand any technical details about why this happens, but I can say that for me, battery life returned to normal after 3 or 4 charge cycles.

If you do notice worse battery life, then try the following (which, again, are not rigorously proven solutions, but are things which I and others have reported doing that might have an impact):

-- Simply wait for 3-4 charge cycles to see if there is improvement.

OR

-- Let the battery run down to 15-20%, then power off and fully charge (could try this for a couple of charge cycles).

OR

-- Clear the system cache partition as follows:
    1. Turn the phone off
    2. Press and hold the power button and that vol up AND vol down keys all at the same time untill it loads into the screen where you can select "recovery"
    3. Use the vol down key to highlight "recovery" then use the vol up key to select it
    4. Wait for it to boot up (not pressing anything) untill you see an Android and a ! Inside of a triangle.
    5. Once that screen appears, press the vol up and vol down key at the same time
    6. It should load the recovery menu, press the vol down key to get down to "wipe cache" then use the power key to select it
    7. When it is done, go to "reboot system now" and select it with the power key.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to correct me or add any additional tricks that you know about.
    Thanked by 5:

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery advice for new ICSers

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    If you notice that your battery life is significantly worse immediately after the ICS update, don't panic! From personal experience and from other posts on this and other forums, this has been a relatively common complaint which then resolves for the most part after a short time. I don't pretend to understand any technical details about why this happens, but I can say that for me, battery life returned to normal after 3 or 4 charge cycles.

If you do notice worse battery life, then try the following (which, again, are not rigorously proven solutions, but are things which I and others have reported doing that might have an impact):

-- Simply wait for 3-4 charge cycles to see if there is improvement.

OR

-- Let the battery run down to 15-20%, then power off and fully charge (could try this for a couple of charge cycles).

OR

-- Clear the system cache partition as follows:
    1. Turn the phone off
    2. Press and hold the power button and that vol up AND vol down keys all at the same time untill it loads into the screen where you can select "recovery"
    3. Use the vol down key to highlight "recovery" then use the vol up key to select it
    4. Wait for it to boot up (not pressing anything) untill you see an Android and a ! Inside of a triangle.
    5. Once that screen appears, press the vol up and vol down key at the same time
    6. It should load the recovery menu, press the vol down key to get down to "wipe cache" then use the power key to select it
    7. When it is done, go to "reboot system now" and select it with the power key.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to correct me or add any additional tricks that you know about.

The system cache option.... does that wipe everything?? i really dont want to do a factory reset as I have everything exactly as I want it and where I want it.
    Sweet Home Chicago

Sprint BB Curve (long time) ---> Vzw Eris (3 days) ---> Storm 2 (less than a year) ---> Droid X (less than a year) ---> Razr Maxx (one year) ---> Razr Maxx HD (little over a year) ---> White Galaxy s5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Caches only contain temporary info to allow apps to access stuff more quickly. No crucial data will be lost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    .215 Leak

A lot of users (me included) have reported way better battery life on the .215 leak.
    Join the Verizon 4G LTE SpeedWave @ SpeedTest.net and compare your results! - http://www.speedtest.net/wave/fb2f5d2379263d67
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am looking forward to the official update!

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    .215 Leak

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I am looking forward to the official update!

Me too! I'm pretty satisfied with 215 at this point though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts

In mobile networks change from global to lte/cdma dramatic improvement.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    ?

Any word when .215 will go public?

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    Who knows if it even will, there may be other leaks or a different official build number

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    We probably won't find out until an official notice surfaces or it starts getting pushed to our phones.

But the reports from users of both the .214 and .215 updates are varying. Some people reporting dramatic success and others complete failure. These updates are hit or miss with most people, and unnoticeable to some like me.
    Thanked by: