| || |
Battery advice for new ICSers
If you notice that your battery life is significantly worse immediately after the ICS update, don't panic! From personal experience and from other posts on this and other forums, this has been a relatively common complaint which then resolves for the most part after a short time. I don't pretend to understand any technical details about why this happens, but I can say that for me, battery life returned to normal after 3 or 4 charge cycles.
If you do notice worse battery life, then try the following (which, again, are not rigorously proven solutions, but are things which I and others have reported doing that might have an impact):
-- Simply wait for 3-4 charge cycles to see if there is improvement.
-- Let the battery run down to 15-20%, then power off and fully charge (could try this for a couple of charge cycles).
-- Clear the system cache partition as follows:
1. Turn the phone off
2. Press and hold the power button and that vol up AND vol down keys all at the same time untill it loads into the screen where you can select "recovery"
3. Use the vol down key to highlight "recovery" then use the vol up key to select it
4. Wait for it to boot up (not pressing anything) untill you see an Android and a ! Inside of a triangle.
5. Once that screen appears, press the vol up and vol down key at the same time
6. It should load the recovery menu, press the vol down key to get down to "wipe cache" then use the power key to select it
7. When it is done, go to "reboot system now" and select it with the power key.
Hope this helps, and please feel free to correct me or add any additional tricks that you know about.