1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default USB charging doesn't work with ICS

I used to use my laptop usb port but it doesn't work with anymore. Just an FYI

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: USB charging doesn't work with ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
    I used to use my laptop usb port but it doesn't work with anymore. Just an FYI

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Works for me...

Mine charges via USB off the laptop. Maybe try a soft reset/battery pull?

My USB cable with my PC works just fine to charge or move files to my SD card... and I've been using ICS for over a week now.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Has anyone noticed that the "connect for charging only" option seems to be missing? Now it's only Mass Storage, Media Device, and Camera. Is there any way to get the "charging only" option back? I connect to USB at the office but just want to use it for charging because I'm concerned our systems might tried to encrypt my USB card. I could plug it into the wall I suppose, but I've been using this setup for years, and this way the phone sits right next to my monitor. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbjr2 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the "connect for charging only" option seems to be missing? Now it's only Mass Storage, Media Device, and Camera. Is there any way to get the "charging only" option back? I connect to USB at the office but just want to use it for charging because I'm concerned our systems might tried to encrypt my USB card. I could plug it into the wall I suppose, but I've been using this setup for years, and this way the phone sits right next to my monitor. Thx.
    Yep. Noticed that. Mine still charges but I liked the option to select charging only after using it in mass storage. I felt like it was a safer way to eject the plug. Oh well. No issues with it so far.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx