ICS Email Problems

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@Lisa Brown

I'm from Go Daddy and came across your post.

I would like to assist you with resolving your email concerns. It is possible that the proxy is causing an issue if all was working before the upgrade.

Feel free to reply back or to direct message me with the settings your using on your phone.

Lisa Brown

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I have a Pop 3 through Godaddy and after IC was downloaded, I can see the number of emails I have, but the screen is not populated with messages, just blank. Messages are coming in Godaddy. I have checked incoming and outgoing server settings and they are as they were before IC.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hover over GDKen's avatar and a box should pop up with an option to send a private message. If you're using the Android Central app or Tapatalk you can tap on his post to bring up the option.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

LW AZ

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have the solution for setting up GoDaddy POP3 email on the Razr M and other devices? I get invalid username/password with unsecured port 110, SSL port 995 errors out and TLS port 995 just spins indefinitely checking incoming server settings. Verizon store, Verizon tech support and moto tech support all scratching their heads. GoDaddy seems to be the only folks taking any initiative here.

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@LW AZ, and @twsmith72

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Thank you for your patience with my reply as I have been out of the office for the holidays.

Have either one of you been able to get your email working on your devices?

If not I would like to work with each one of you to try and resolve your email concerns. Feel free to reply or to send me a direct message.

colbandroid

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the Motorola Razr Maxx and couldn't get my GoDaddy email account set up either. I fussed around with it and here are the settings I finally got to work:

Incoming...
POP3 server: pop.secureserver.net
Port: 995
Security type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
Authentication Method: Password
Delete email from server: Never

Outgoing...
SMTP server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Port: 80
Security type: None
Check box - Require sign-in
Authentication Method: Login

Hope this works for others.

Gatropy

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
am not able to send mail in my android phone am using sony tippo i can receive mail but not able to send mail pls help me any one...

AndyGDavidson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 email problems (go daddy)

Hi,

been searching forums for help on go daddy problem I have with email and hoping you may be able to help me?!

Problem is Nexus 7 will not let me send emails using settings on go daddy website. Incoming emails are picked up but nothing can be sent, just sits in the outbox.

Any ideas?

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 email problems (go daddy)

@AndyGDavidson

I would like to work with you to try and resolve your email concerns on your Nexus 7. Feel free to send me a direct message.

Please include the settings you're using and what Android email client (if any)

HeatherAHarwell

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: ICS Email Problems: Android 4G / GoDaddy Email Solution

A BILLION THANKS!!! I have the Droid 4G Lte and have spent about 3 hours fussing with a ton of other suggestions (including from tech professionals) and hundreds of setting combinations and yours is the first that worked.:D

kbegley4

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I am having trouble getting my go daddy emails to sink to my phone. I keep getting a cannot connect to server error. I have changed ports several times. I have changed from a pop server to imap server. It was working on imap for a few days, but I have not started getting the same issue. I do run off the ICS operating system. I have read other reviews on here regarding this same issue. Can you help me.

Thanks
Kbegley4

grahamrf

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ken at Godaddy,
I have hosted my website at GoDaddy for over 10 years now and besides some email account problems and MXMonitor reports reporting problems, I am fairly satisfied.
However, using my Xperia Arc S with ICS, I have an unread email notification which will not go away, despite there being "No Messages" in the account. Having read a thread about email accounts and GoDaddy, and having changed the in and out ports to 995, and "Accept all certificates", the notification persists. This is only in one email account, I am not having the problem in any other accounts.
Do you have any ideas please.

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@grahamrf

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we sincerely appreciate your loyalty. I would like to work with you to determine what is not allowing the notification to clear. Feel free to send me a private message.

Please include any feedback you have as well as the settings you're using and what Android email client your using.

Mo A

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
OMG I'm so frustrated following these posts about setting up my Go Daddy email. still not able to do it it comes back with ERR or sometimes it just keeps trying to connect and never does. My other email was set up lickety split! I tried the port 995 and the ssl all certs/ and the TLS all certs
What to do this is work email, I don't like going to online site to check what's up help! brand new Galaxy S5 verizon carrier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463