Any regrets on getting the RAZR?

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I normally average a new phone about every year. When Verizon had the 1 year contract deal I did that for several years. My last 3 phones was a Droid X (loved this phone), Bionic(hated the camera but liked the phone), and a GN (I had the GN 4 hours). I really wanted it to work out my wife has one and I liked the phone, but the one I got would drop total signal 15-30 times an hour for more than a minute each time. It was defective out of the box. I knew this phone was going to be my last one for a long time with the changes coming to the Verizon plans, so I did not want to have a phone that might be buggy like my old BB Storm.

Now that I have the Maxx I am glad I switched. Compared to my wife's phone I like the Maxx better in every way. She has been eyeing my Maxx though :-\

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I normally average a new phone about every year. When Verizon had the 1 year contract deal I did that for several years. My last 3 phones was a Droid X (loved this phone), Bionic(hated the camera but liked the phone), and a GN (I had the GN 4 hours). I really wanted it to work out my wife has one and I liked the phone, but the one I got would drop total signal 15-30 times an hour for more than a minute each time. It was defective out of the box. I knew this phone was going to be my last one for a long time with the changes coming to the Verizon plans, so I did not want to have a phone that might be buggy like my old BB Storm.

Now that I have the Maxx I am glad I switched. Compared to my wife's phone I like the Maxx better in every way. She has been eyeing my Maxx though :-\

I'm with you on all counts. My previous phone was an HTC Incredible. It was a good phone, especially with the extended battery but I felt that as a pure telephone it was lacking. Calls from other cell phones were often unclear and very "thick" sounding. The Maxx is a siginificant improvement in ths area. While some calls can still be a bit indistinct, the overall quality in terms of its basic telephone function is much better. The honkin big battery is, of course, a gigantic positive. Like you, this will be my last phone for awhile. Verizon's new data plans are outrageous in terms of real world usage and price. When renewal time comes along, unless the other carriers decide to engage in this kind of disregard for their customers and price gouging, I'll probably look to switch.

RenaLyon

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope you like the Razr Maxx better than Revolution...I just ordered one to replace my 4th LG Revolution... Which was the 10th smartphone in a year!!! :eek:

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Its way more fun than my verizon trophy! For those of you who don't know that's Verizon's only windows phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I've owned this phone for 2 weeks now, and there's not much I don't like about it. I'd have to say the only negative compared to the S3 is its screen quality and size. To me it's a plus because the lower pixel count probably helps battery life even more. I'd also like to have 2GB of RAM like the S3, and I wish the power button was better located, but that's about all. Great build quality and great radios.

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The jury is still out.

My wife and I really like the RAZR MAXX but there has been one hardware issue. The main speaker stopped working on my phone after about 2 months. This is an internal connection problem, the speaker contacts are not soldered but just spring contacts. Not a good design for a phone whose case will be subject to flex when pocket carried.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/770854

So I lost ring tone and audible notifications. I am 2 weeks into a reconditioned replacement phone and hoping for the best.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
At first i had some regrets. My first maxx, the touch screen would stop working, but it was just a deal of turning off the screen and turning it back on to get it to work again. Then it took tumble off my night stand and cracked the inner lcd screen. Second one was AWESOME, until that had a phantom crack on the inner screen as well. This is phone number 3 and i still am having no regrets. I like how i can listen to Pandora for 8 hours and still have plenty of juice to get through the day. My old ally made or 2 hours and the battery was down to 50%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000