Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!!!

Default Any regrets on getting the RAZR?

Vzw gave me a maxx for my gnex, but both phones get the same signal. I have 3 batteries for the gnex so battery life isn't an issue. Anyone come from the gnex to RAZR and wish they could go back? If so y? Thanks in advanced.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Any regrets on getting the RAZR?

Came from Droid X to RAZR MAXX and the only thing I really miss is the FM radio...
    jroc likes this.

not a single regret.

love this thing completely.

Multiple batteries is ok, until it is time to charge them all and you got stuff to do....

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Carrier
    .215 Leak

I love my RAZR. I wish I would have waited for the RAZR hd!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by twindragons187 View Post
    Vzw gave me a maxx for my gnex, but both phones get the same signal. I have 3 batteries for the gnex so battery life isn't an issue. Anyone come from the gnex to RAZR and wish they could go back? If so y? Thanks in advanced.
    Maybe you live in a dead zone. My gnex only got 1-2 bars of 3g where now I get 4-5 bars of 4g in the same locations.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!!!

No dead zone. 4g 2 miles on either side, 3g only here. Both phones pick up 4g in the same area with the same dBm

Any regrets? None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Cero. Naught. Pas. 0.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Carrier
    ?

No regrets on getting my phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Loving my Maxx! Went to Maxx after 4 failed Rezounds. No regrets!

Quote Originally Posted by cube_top View Post
    Loving my Maxx! Went to Maxx after 4 failed Rezounds. No regrets!
    I have 3 great Rezounds in my house, but I'm loving my MAXX on ICS!

Love the razr maxx. My first Smartphone, coming from flip phones in the past. Just find the touch screen a little sensitive as in making a lot of unwanted calls when scrolling thru the contacts list. Have had it since April and with no regrets whatsoever.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!!!

Looks like I'm keeping the maxx, the gnex had its last data/voice drop I'm goin to withstand. Its sad bc I really wanted the gnex to work.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4TTube View Post
    Love the razr maxx. My first Smartphone, coming from flip phones in the past. Just find the touch screen a little sensitive as in making a lot of unwanted calls when scrolling thru the contacts list. Have had it since April and with no regrets whatsoever.
    Twitchy thumb syndrome? When I get tired sometimes my thumb gets a mind of its own and starts hitting things for no reason. lol
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Looks like I'm keeping the maxx, the gnex had its last data/voice drop I'm goin to withstand. Its sad bc I really wanted the gnex to work.....

I switched from my gnex a couple of weeks ago for the same reason. I was on vacation in St. Louis and I had like 30% no signal @ the zoo. I still have the gnex but I haven't even felt the urge to pick it up.

When the Droid first came out I had to have one. THAT I regretted. It was obviously funky, buggy and compared to Blackberry, pretty crude. I went back to BB, then to iPhone4, which I detested. I read the reviews on the Razr which, even though it was running Gingerbread was pretty well thought of. Got it and wow, this is how a phone should be. Great sound, excellent radio performance, stable and customizable OS. Plus that battery life is a huge plus. Now that it's running ICS its twice as good. So no, no regrets at all.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

If you have to carry around 3 batteries to power your phone, I'd say battery life is a huge issue. But I get your meaning.

Very pleased. Worlds apart from my Droid 3.

Definitely the better mouse trap!
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,066 Global Posts

Ive had it for less than a week. Now that I'm on ICS, this phone trumps my G-Nexus. The worst part is I'm having a hard time wanting to find a place to charge my phone, when I really don't need to. ~20+ hours of battery life is great!

Carrier
    None

No regrets at all. This is a very good handset.

No regrets. Great phone. Prior phone was a LG Revolution. Really bad phone.

I normally average a new phone about every year. When Verizon had the 1 year contract deal I did that for several years. My last 3 phones was a Droid X (loved this phone), Bionic(hated the camera but liked the phone), and a GN (I had the GN 4 hours). I really wanted it to work out my wife has one and I liked the phone, but the one I got would drop total signal 15-30 times an hour for more than a minute each time. It was defective out of the box. I knew this phone was going to be my last one for a long time with the changes coming to the Verizon plans, so I did not want to have a phone that might be buggy like my old BB Storm.

Now that I have the Maxx I am glad I switched. Compared to my wife's phone I like the Maxx better in every way. She has been eyeing my Maxx though

Quote Originally Posted by Rodzp View Post
    I normally average a new phone about every year. When Verizon had the 1 year contract deal I did that for several years. My last 3 phones was a Droid X (loved this phone), Bionic(hated the camera but liked the phone), and a GN (I had the GN 4 hours). I really wanted it to work out my wife has one and I liked the phone, but the one I got would drop total signal 15-30 times an hour for more than a minute each time. It was defective out of the box. I knew this phone was going to be my last one for a long time with the changes coming to the Verizon plans, so I did not want to have a phone that might be buggy like my old BB Storm.

Now that I have the Maxx I am glad I switched. Compared to my wife's phone I like the Maxx better in every way. She has been eyeing my Maxx though
    I'm with you on all counts. My previous phone was an HTC Incredible. It was a good phone, especially with the extended battery but I felt that as a pure telephone it was lacking. Calls from other cell phones were often unclear and very "thick" sounding. The Maxx is a siginificant improvement in ths area. While some calls can still be a bit indistinct, the overall quality in terms of its basic telephone function is much better. The honkin big battery is, of course, a gigantic positive. Like you, this will be my last phone for awhile. Verizon's new data plans are outrageous in terms of real world usage and price. When renewal time comes along, unless the other carriers decide to engage in this kind of disregard for their customers and price gouging, I'll probably look to switch.

I hope you like the Razr Maxx better than Revolution...I just ordered one to replace my 4th LG Revolution... Which was the 10th smartphone in a year!!!
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Black Widow

I regret buying only one

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    B. Diddy and bculwell88 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast