Did ICS leave out 'select multiple' on native text app?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I know that I could use another app, but I don't like to just put an app on Maxx unless I require it.
Is there a way to select multiple texts in ICS in the native text android app?
I used to use that to delete.

Sent from Marx Maxx using Tapatalk.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Delete whole conversations? If so, you hold press on one conversation than just tap the rest to highlight them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I know but I mean you could select a bunch of conversations and delete them all at once without long pressing each one individually.

Sent from Marx Maxx using Tapatalk.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You can do it, you long press a conversation, it will highlight and put a check mark in the top left corner of screen, and a trash can on top right side. While it is in that mode, just keep touching the messages you want to delete and they all will highlight in a blue color. Then you hit the trash can in top right corner and messages are gone.

Your highlighting the messages instead of checking the box now.

I think that is what you are looking for.

Rocky58

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem....the trash icon will show up if and when you want to delete an ENTIRE conversation, but if you just want to delete individual text messages in a conversation you can't select multiple like could be done before the ICS update. They have to be done 1 at a time which is a real PIA.....I hope they fix it soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance