Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Averix
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification volume on ICS

Is a 3rd party app really the only solution to having the notification volume change with the ringer volume on ICS?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Notification volume on ICS

If you go into settings, sound, volumes you can change notification volume, media, ringtone, and alarm also.
    Edit. Sorry I understand what your wanting. You do need a 3rd party app I believe.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Why would they change that? So weird.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I was wondering the same thing. Not thrilled about them removing the check box. I hope out it is in a hidden menu somewhere.

Try Audio Control, it's by far the best volume management app in the Google Play store. There is both a notification and ringer volume for ICS or Jelly Bean.
    Really helpful developer too.

ROM
    Stock on most

I made a quick one since all the others were overkill for what I wanted to do. Seems like pure Android joins the two together so the skins for Motorola and Samsung decided to break them out again.
    This will adjust the ringer and notification volumes at the same time, but still keep them separate if you want to adjust one manually.

Thanks for that @Averix. Its better with this, but I still think the main volume buttons should work and that I shouldnt need another app to workaround this *bug*.

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    I made a quick one since all the others were overkill for what I wanted to do. Seems like pure Android joins the two together so the skins for Motorola and Samsung decided to break them out again.
    This will adjust the ringer and notification volumes at the same time, but still keep them separate if you want to adjust one manually.

So do you have to open the app to adjust both volumes our does it tie into the stock volume buttons? Thanks

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by pawj112 View Post
    So do you have to open the app to adjust both volumes our does it tie into the stock volume buttons? Thanks
    App has to be open. When it's open, the physical volume rocker or on screen slider will set both volumes. I didn't make it a service and didn't want something that sits in the background sucking up cycles. There are plenty of more complicated apps for that functionality.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Very frustrating as well. Not user friendly to people who do not want to constantly be changing separate volumes throughout the day. It would be nice to have an option to keep one master volume or separate them. Let me know if you find a good app that keeps them together!

Volume+ has came in very handy with my evo 3d, Gnex and now my Maxx. It's def worth the money.
    Hello Galaxy

Unfortunately, not available in Hungary on Google Play. Any alternative download option?
    Regards, Sch

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by schmasser View Post
    Unfortunately, not available in Hungary on Google Play. Any alternative download option?
    Regards, Sch
    According to the publish settings on Google Play, it should be available in all countries. It is only available on 4.0.X+, nothing lower than ICS. So, if you're on an ICS or JB device, the app should be appearing in Google Play.

Volume Butler is the best app for separate ringer and notification volumes, and it's free. The app is simply one of the best apps I've ever seen.