Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default what is yunyan app?

Ok.. So i was looking through my apps on the play store, not the installed ones, but the all apps. And this app shows up called yunyan. Says it is installed but i have no clue what it is. Just says test app for new version? Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to get up a screen shot. Here is a link at least
    Yunyan Test - Android

Oh one more thing the thumbnail of the app, looks like an app called video calling. ??
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,263 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Black Widow

No clue. Get rid of it and see what happens...

Sent from my Razr Maxx dripping ICS all over the floor
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Re: what is yunyan app?

No option to uninstall. Just like i was saying the thumbnail looks liked the app called video calling. Anyone else have that on theirs?

Nothing like that on my phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Yep, same thing on mine. I, too, figured it had to do with the video calling app which I already disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by blaidth View Post
    Ok.. So i was looking through my apps on the play store, not the installed ones, but the all apps. And this app shows up called yunyan. Says it is installed but i have no clue what it is. Just says test app for new version? Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to get up a screen shot. Here is a link at least
    Yunyan Test - Android

Oh one more thing the thumbnail of the app, looks like an app called video calling. ??
    That's weird. I can only find that app in non-Google Play stores like AndroidZoom, and the fact that it's Chinese makes me automatically suspicious (I'm Chinese-American myself, so I ain't being racist!). There's absolutely no description for it, nor are there any comments. Are you in the US, or are you one of our global Razr Maxx members? If you got your Maxx outside the US, that might be why you have that listed in your app history and most of us don't (and most of us don't even have access to it on Google Play).
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Google Play shows it as a system app on mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You're right--I see it now. Very odd. It says it's incompatible with all of my devices (Razr Maxx, Acer A100 & A500), and yet it says it's installed on my Maxx. Can't find that specific app name on my Maxx, but the icon is the same as the Video Calling app--maybe it just has a different name on the phone than in the market? That happens sometimes--for example, Google Sky Map is listed only as Sky Map in Google Play.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I'm a us customer. Yeah it just freaked me out a little. But seems like everyone might have it, why can't they (Verizon) be more open with what apps they put on here. Couldn't find anything on the Web about it.
    I wonder if doing a factory reset would purged it?

*update- I did a factory reset and so far do not see it in the All Apps section of the Google Play Store. However there is still the video calling app in my app drawer. Appears to be a verizon placed app but not sure. I'll see if it shows up again later.

*update2- It is back under the google play app store under all apps. Shows installed. Still no clue.