Apple hatin our search box

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just like apple took the notification idea.

But I'm pretty sure in a few months we will see a lawsuit with apple suing google for the notification idea.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Good thing google applied for that notification patent awhile back. When they get it they should sue apple and seek a ban no settlement just like the same crap apple is doing.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
But Google is better then that. They decided to spend time on OS instead of lawsuits. And make big changes from OS to OS instead of tiny changes like iOS.
I have iPhone 4 for work and always minor changes with upgrades. I have yet to see much changes except the notification and camera button on the lock screen.

Reactions: jroc

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently booted up my old win xp Dell.

I've got Windows Search installed... From about 2006, and it searches email/files, all from one box.

Apple needs to diaf.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jroc

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a dumb question. How do you do a universal search (phone storage and internet) from an Android phone?

I am about to pull out my Droid 1....running 2.0.1....lol:

Just use the Search key. I typed in a name from my contact list....and it showed the phone number, results from the web, among other things. There is even a lil mic icon for using Voice. I dont have much on the phone storage tho...

Hold down the Search key and it goes to Voice search.

In Settings....you can set it to search: Apps, Browser, Contacts, Music, Youtube. So not all of storage. Mind you....this is on 2.0.1...

I cannot see how this is something Google cant fight. Voice search seems to only use the web tho... but since Voice search was there from the beginning....how can they not say its just an evolution of what Google already had for searching more locally? There was no problem for it to search the Music folder and Apps...but it is to search everything in storage?

Right.

Just checked my Rezound...and while it doesnt have all of storage for searching.....you can search more things on there. A lil more than ICS on the RAZR...expect for storage.

Apple needs to go away...seriously....

Last edited:
Reactions: wabadroid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon