wiping cache partition?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You need to get into recovery by first turning off your phone than holding the volume +/- rocker down while pressing the power button. Go down to recovery then volume + to select "recovery". I think you will get a droid lying on its back. Push both volume +/- then scroll down to wipe cache and select by pushing the power button.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If you have SafeStrap, power off, then power on, when it says so just push the Menu button when it tells you, then select "wipe cache partition"... after it's done just select reboot system now.

***EDIT: I've never had any issues with wiping cache while in the middle of running a ROM.... only did it once or twice ever.

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to get into recovery by first turning off your phone than holding the volume +/- rocker down while pressing the power button. Go down to recovery then volume + to select "recovery". I think you will get a droid lying on its back. Push both volume +/- then scroll down to wipe cache and select by pushing the power button.

Thanks.

MrMindfull

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!! This is the first place that gave proper instructions for this. I really appreciated it and hope it gets me on track with ICS.

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there another way to wipe the cache?
I can't seem to get to the HBOOT screen. When holding the power/volume - buttons the screen just flickers then goes black. Once i let go of the buttons it starts to reboot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there another way to wipe the cache?
I can't seem to get to the HBOOT screen. When holding the power/volume - buttons the screen just flickers then goes black. Once i let go of the buttons it starts to reboot.

Are you pressing down BOTH volume up AND volume down buttons along with the power button at the same time? Remember, pressing only the power button and the volume down buttons will reboot.

Make sure you press down all at the same time, rather than in sequence.

Reactions: Venez68

bcoop8

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
After updating my nexus 7 to 4.2 I have been having severe touch screen issues. Some of my touched don't register and sometimes if I'm not touching the screen it will click randomly. It will click if I don't touch the screen. I have tried wiping cache, however when I click on cache, it says erasing and then does a reboot. On my phone and Xoom it will ually tell me the cache wipe is complete and will stay n the recovery menu. However it doesn't on my N7. Is this how it is suppose to be? Is my cache partition getting wiped? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie