Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recent apps

With ICS, When you hold the home button for a few seconds and the recent apps come up and you swipe them to get rid of them, does that close the app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Recent apps

Yes... it is the new task manager, which works much better than older version because you only see things you should be able to close.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    130GeV 

I've been wondering about this. I'm not sure that swiping away an app really closes it, and I'm also not sure that the presence of an app on the recent apps/task manager list is actually open. For example, I just looked at the list of apps that are listed on my recent apps, then went to Manage Apps->Running, and they don't correlate. I then swiped away an app and then looked at the details of that app in Manage Apps, and saw that the option to Force Close was still available. Is there anyone who really knows the technical stuff behind this?

I just opened iheart radio...started my favorite radio show...then went to recent apps...and swiped iheart radio away...I'm still listening to it...but I am aware this app also has a TSR switch within the app...so it would seem it depends on the app, and not the function of the recent app function.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

In the official Razr Maxx manual, it refers to this as the recent apps list, not the task manager. I suspect that it is simply a list of recent apps (duh), rather than a true task manager.

It does not close the app when you swipe away. Diddy is correct in saying that it is just a list of current apps open.