How do I transfer pics to the SD card?

Smudgie

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to do the factory reset on my Maxx when I decided to take out the SD card first. I then noticed that all of my photos (about 50) are being saved onto the phone storage. How do I transfer those pics to the SD card? Also, how do I make it so that future photos taken with the phone are saved onto the SD card? Thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd plug it into a PC.... they should be under a folder called dcim/Camera... move them to your SD card folder and all... then open your Camera > Settings > Storage Location... change from "Internal phone storage" to "SD Card"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Use the My Files app on the phone. It will list "Internal phone storage" and "SD card." The former refers to the onboard 16 GB of built-in memory (of which only 8 GB is really available, since the other 8 GB is used by the system). The latter refers to your external SD card.

Select Internal phone storage, and find DCIM. Your photos should be in that folder or possibly a subfolder called Camera. Long press any photo you want to move, and you will get a list of options. Select Move, then hit the back button until you're at the base My Files screen. Then select SD card, go to the folder you want, and touch "Paste here" at the bottom of the screen. If you want to make a new folder first, then just go to where you want to create it, hit the Menu button, and select "New folder."

Doing this each time for each file can be a pain, so you might want to just do it using your desktop or laptop. Hook you phone up via USB, and it should default to mass storage--the internal storage and SD card should show up as 2 separate drives in your computer's file explorer. The first one should be the internal storage, while the second one is the SD card. As before, find the DCIM folder in the internal storage drive, then move all of the files to the SD card's drive.

To make sure the camera saves photos to the SD card in the future, hit the Menu button, then the settings (the gear icon), then scroll down until you see Storage Location. Touch it, and select SD card.

easare

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
pls help me to know how to transfer my photos to the micro-sd card so I can take them to a photo printing shop to print them.
Thanks for your prompt answer.
E.Asare

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please read the previous posts. Your answer is there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So going through Setting>Storage >Manage Internal Storage... is not the right?...that's the I been doing it...oops...

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So going through Setting>Storage >Manage Internal Storage... is not the right?...that's the I been doing it...oops...

thats right.,, One of my fav features of ICS

Settings > Storage > Manage internal storage...

Then it tells you how many Pics Music and movies on your phone memory.. and you can easily move them to the SD card

To double check remove your SD card and see if your pictures still open up. ( Open up not show up)

But you should always have it backed up somewhre.. motocast , Backup assistant , or on your computer

Meghan Foxgold

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
How do I put pictures that I have bluetoothed onto my phone on to my SD Card...As I cant seem to do anything.... Help would be great as I am out of ideas.

Meghan.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I put pictures that I have bluetoothed onto my phone on to my SD Card...As I cant seem to do anything.... Help would be great as I am out of ideas.

Meghan.

Answer:
Settings > Storage > Manage internal storage...

Then it tells you how many Pics Music and movies on your phone memory.. and you can easily move them to the SD card

islawhiz

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been reading the posts on how to do this but I have a new mac book pro and when I connect my phone via USB I cannot find a file that allows me to do anything with the phone. Please help!

On the phone there is no 'manage storage' option, crazy or what!

Pandre

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.3.6

How do I transfer my internal photos onto the SD card please.
If I plug the phone into my laptop it doesnt recognise it.
If I go to devices it says install driver.
I'm up a gum tree. Can anyone help?

Priscilla Baldwin

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just about to do the factory reset on my Maxx when I decided to take out the SD card first. I then noticed that all of my photos (about 50) are being saved onto the phone storage. How do I transfer those pics to the SD card? Also, how do I make it so that future photos taken with the phone are saved onto the SD card? Thanks

MargoChan

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Short answer: You use the File Manager app on your phone to copy the pictures you want from the phone’s internal storage to the phone’s SD card. Once that is done, you will see what you want when you connect the phone to the PC and navigate to the DCIM-> Camera folder.

Long answer: My Android is an Alcatel OneTouch Pop Icon – here’s what I learned and what I had to do. I had my phone for two years and I did not have a SD card installed. In those 2 years, whenever I connected my phone to my PC, my PC could see the pictures in the DCIM-> Camera folder. After I installed the SD card and changed my phone storage settings to “write to SD”, whenever I connected my phone to my PC, the PC DCIM-> Camera folder only saw the pictures on the SD card and no longer saw my pictures on my phone’s internal storage.

OK.....so I learned that, on my phone, I had to copy pictures from the phone’s internal storage and paste them to the phone’s SD storage. You use the File Manager app on your phone to copy the pictures you want from the phone’s internal storage to the phone’s SD card. Once that is done, you will see what you want when you connect the phone to the PC. On the phone, use File Manager and choose Internal Storage, navigate to DCIM->Camera; when you see the images, touch and hold on a pic you want to select, the display changes to allow you to select multiple pics; pick what you want, then choose the copy icon that should show up in a navigation menu; return arrow yourself to the list of storage types menu, choose the SD storage; navigate to the DCIM-> Camera folder, choose the paste icon. There you go.

Harger mary1

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

ZTEuser

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a ZTE Maven 2 phone, a low-capability, low-storage, cheap smart phone. I have had it for two weeks. I tried several transfer apps, but the simple one that worked to transfer files, not apps, to the SD card was (you guessed it): "Files To SD Card." It simply asked me if I wanted it to find all the files that could be transferred and I said yes. From that point, it took over. I then tried out the camera, where there was a video I made earlier; it is on the SD card but it also appears in the stored videos area of camera. It looks like apps still work, even though files have moved. Just like a real computer. This app did not require rooting, or cheering, or playing the game; it just worked right off.

Good luck.

Quinacridone Gold

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
How can I get Android to start storing data on the SD card? My computer shows that the SD card is still empty. Although it "register" under "storage", abd says I have to Unmount SD card to safely remove it. And it says 29.80 GB Available, which is about right for the 32 GB SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton