A Couple of Odd Things Occuring

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I did the ICS upgrade a couple of days ago and I'm still learning how to use it but one thing has me baffled. Occasionally I get a notification sound but there is nothing in the notification bar telling me what it is. I did check sounds and nothing odd is enabled just "vibrate and ring" and "vibrate on touch". Of course the new notification bar was reduced in size to the point where it's impossible to see without pulling done...still nothing there but weather status and battery level.

The other thing is that I can not get my Yahoo account working. All I get is invalid credentials.

Any thoughts, especially on the notifications sounds would be appreciated.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I would get phantom DROID sounds and a flashing led and no notification. Some of my texts would come in and not make a sound and no light and ten minutes later it would go off and light up so I think its being delayed or something. I did a factory reset and fixed my yahoo invalid credentials and my notification issues! This phone is butter after that reset! I highly advise you do one yourself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, i'll do the factory reset and see what happens. Is that the one where you push and hole power and volume down??

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No. Go to menu and privacy and then factory reset and choose erase everything. Make sure backup and auto restore is checked off first to make it a smoother experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Also, make sure you don't have weather notifications turned on (unless you want them on, of course). If your weather app always shows up in the notification bar, there won't be anything strange happening when you get a severe weather alert, for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech