Annoying force closes

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Every android user is familiar with the force close pop up that is so annoying it's unbearable...ever since the ics update there has been more of them...is there a way to prevent or stop force closing??...I can't stand it....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this happening with certain apps?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had nearly zero force closes since the update. It's likely related to which apps you have, unless of course it's stock apps that are force closing. You could try going to Manage Apps and clearing the data from that app, or just uninstalling it and reinstalling it to see if that clears up the problem. Otherwise, send some feedback to the app developer that the app is force closing on ICS, and hope they come out with an update soon.

Reactions: leroybrute

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well the main one that was doing it was scramble with friends I deleted it and sometimes stock apps do it too...it's quite odd

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Also....crackle TV no longer works it doesn't load up after attempting to watch a show or a movie

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you send that feedback to the app developers!

Reactions: Ry

NiPaMo

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem after upgrading from Gingerbread. I had to uninstall and redownload the apps. Fixed it for me.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well that will take me all day considering I have so many apps in which I had already did that on the most important ones...Thats one thing I hate about android..those stupid force closes for reasons I will never understand...

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You probably just need to update them. Newer ICS versions are out for most apps, but the ones from GB won't carry over very well.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You probably just need to update them. Newer ICS versions are out for most apps, but the ones from GB won't carry over very well.

Update them?...there isn't any updates in the Google play store at the current time..So idk what to update...its just frustrating..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So have you tried what was suggested before, i.e. clearing the data and/or uninstalling and reinstalling?

Reactions: Badboytoast

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well crackle TVs watch ESPN both no longer work.... emailing the developer did nothing cuz they dont respond

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you but there is a lot more force closes on ice cream sandwich but since I updated the 214 version. It's working very well now!

sent from Droid Razr Maxx

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I hate to be that guy, but if you are so fed up with it, you could always do a factory reset.

Force closes are almost always caused by compatibility between the phone and app, mainly because the app might not have been updated to match our phones yet on ICS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
214?...I have no idea what that is man...

He's referring to a new system version that is making the rounds on the forum--apparently, Motorola is working on a quick system update to address the battery life issues that many have encountered ever since the ICS update, presumably along with other minor fixes. The version that people can download and install isn't official yet, but if you're bold, you can try it.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
He's referring to a new system version that is making the rounds on the forum--apparently, Motorola is working on a quick system update to address the battery life issues that many have encountered ever since the ICS update, presumably along with other minor fixes. The version that people can download and install isn't official yet, but if you're bold, you can try it.

Oh i see what your saying now...I saw that .214 update I think I am going to try that...Motorola will take another 6 months before they release a software patch to fix the issues which is ridiculous..and I have noticed the battery draining faster than normal..quite odd ill say..

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I applied the update it seems a bit smoother but I still don't get how that will fix the app bugs...of course the 2 apps i use consistently are Watch Espn and Crackle TV don't work..so annoying..and then the developers never answer which makes it worse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair