Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Annoying force closes

Every android user is familiar with the force close pop up that is so annoying it's unbearable...ever since the ics update there has been more of them...is there a way to prevent or stop force closing??...I can't stand it....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,232 Global Posts

Is this happening with certain apps?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Annoying force closes

I've had nearly zero force closes since the update. It's likely related to which apps you have, unless of course it's stock apps that are force closing. You could try going to Manage Apps and clearing the data from that app, or just uninstalling it and reinstalling it to see if that clears up the problem. Otherwise, send some feedback to the app developer that the app is force closing on ICS, and hope they come out with an update soon.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Well the main one that was doing it was scramble with friends I deleted it and sometimes stock apps do it too...it's quite odd

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Also....crackle TV no longer works it doesn't load up after attempting to watch a show or a movie

Make sure you send that feedback to the app developers!

Thanked by:
    Ry 

ROM
    Android 4.0.4 ICS

I had the same problem after upgrading from Gingerbread. I had to uninstall and redownload the apps. Fixed it for me.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Well that will take me all day considering I have so many apps in which I had already did that on the most important ones...Thats one thing I hate about android..those stupid force closes for reasons I will never understand...

You probably just need to update them. Newer ICS versions are out for most apps, but the ones from GB won't carry over very well.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    You probably just need to update them. Newer ICS versions are out for most apps, but the ones from GB won't carry over very well.
    Update them?...there isn't any updates in the Google play store at the current time..So idk what to update...its just frustrating..

So have you tried what was suggested before, i.e. clearing the data and/or uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Yes of course I did... I said that before

Quote Originally Posted by mlbyanks11 View Post
    Yes of course I did... I said that before

I looked at your previous posts, and actually you didn't specify that you had tried that. Just trying to help.
    leroybrute likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Well crackle TVs watch ESPN both no longer work.... emailing the developer did nothing cuz they dont respond

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    No JDM

I agree with you but there is a lot more force closes on ice cream sandwich but since I updated the 214 version. It's working very well now!

sent from Droid Razr Maxx
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

214?...I have no idea what that is man...

I hate to be that guy, but if you are so fed up with it, you could always do a factory reset.

Force closes are almost always caused by compatibility between the phone and app, mainly because the app might not have been updated to match our phones yet on ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbyanks11 View Post
    214?...I have no idea what that is man...

He's referring to a new system version that is making the rounds on the forum--apparently, Motorola is working on a quick system update to address the battery life issues that many have encountered ever since the ICS update, presumably along with other minor fixes. The version that people can download and install isn't official yet, but if you're bold, you can try it.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Thumbs up Re: Annoying force closes

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    He's referring to a new system version that is making the rounds on the forum--apparently, Motorola is working on a quick system update to address the battery life issues that many have encountered ever since the ICS update, presumably along with other minor fixes. The version that people can download and install isn't official yet, but if you're bold, you can try it.
    Oh i see what your saying now...I saw that .214 update I think I am going to try that...Motorola will take another 6 months before they release a software patch to fix the issues which is ridiculous..and I have noticed the battery draining faster than normal..quite odd ill say..
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

I applied the update it seems a bit smoother but I still don't get how that will fix the app bugs...of course the 2 apps i use consistently are Watch Espn and Crackle TV don't work..so annoying..and then the developers never answer which makes it worse

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I'm getting the same force close issues. But mine are with AC, Droid-Life and PGAtour apps. I have re-installed all of them but still get the force close. I have sent feedback on all three apps.

I haven't had any force close but I always seem to hit the home button while surfing the net and it closes the browser.

ive only had a couple of force closes...... but that was when i was playin on solitaire.......

Raise Your IQ And Eat Gifted Children!

Clear the cache. Sometimes the cache can get corrupted or when you install a new version of an App the API changes slightly.

Clear the cache.
    Thanked by: