6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
** THIS MUST BE INSTALLED FROM .211 **
** THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT **

Hello friends! Found something for those of you willing to try it out.

6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics) - DroidRzr.com

Here I thought we were going to be without news for a while, but behold. A tiny upgrade. A "fix" rather.

This update is supposed to fix the battery issues that some users were encountering post ICS upgrade. I did not have terrible battery issues, but was interested to see if it could improve. I only just installed this update, so I am unable to give any feedback on it yet.

I share this with those of you who are willing to try it. This is just like sideloading the ICS update:

** This is the method I used. I was not rooted and was on stock 4.0.4 ICS **
** Some users have reported that using the utility provided in the above link works better for rooted phones **
** If you use the utility, it will update the Kernel number, but not the System Version number **

1) Download update from above link.
2) Place the update onto your external SD card. (root directory, not into any folders)

** If you want to revert back to .211, instead of placing the update on your external SD card, place the downgrade there, which is found in the link below **

3) Power down your phone
4) While phone is off, hold down both volume keys (up+down) and the power key.
5) Use the Volume Down key to select "Recovery" and then use the Volume Up key to select it.
6) When you see the Android being operated on, press both volume keys (up+down)
7) Scroll down with the Volume Down key to "Apply Update from External Storage" and press the Power Key to select it.
8) Scroll down with the Volume Down key to "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip" and press the Power Key to select it. This step begins installation.

Installation can take up to five minutes or more.

Going into Settings > About Phone should show that System Version is now 6.16.214.XT912, the supposed battery fix.

** If you do not wish to stay on .214, there is a Downgrade Leak that can be found here: **

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/3235-616214-downgrade-leak-to-616211/

It is essentially the same process as above, but instead of using the upgrade .zip, you use the downgrade .zip.

I am not the mastermind behind this, all credits to mattlgroff for all his amazing work. And if you need a more visual demonstration, W0017roid has a video in the above link as well.

If you have any questions or concerns, I will try and answer as best as I can, but please also try looking at the above forum link for answers as well as asking your questions.

293245_4383623673911_1997324003_n.jpg

Last edited:

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I look forward to seeing what it does for folks. I only had my Maxx like 5 days or so before the ICS release. I really haven't seen much battery change. I still get a solid 15-20 hours depending on use. Wonder what they really changed and when this will be actually released for OTA.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't had much of an issue with battery life. I actually noticed a 10-15% increase by upgrading to ICS. I'm only doing this to see if it actually works, so as to better help others.

So far so good. I'll keep this thread updated as it goes along.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Still working no problems. I havent noticed anything good or bad from this patch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks for this! I will try this and see if it improves my battery and/or my ability to play embedded youtube videos (which I have lost since the upgrade).

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if this addresses the weaker radio in this build. Sucks on how bad the reception is now on my maxx. Around home it's fine...but it really bombs when I head out to area's where the signal is low. My maxx picked it up fine in these area's before ICS came out.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Over at droidrzr.com some people were experiencing horrid battery life. Doesn't seem like any of you who have downloaded are having that problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: apquijano

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Over at droidrzr.com some people were experiencing horrid battery life. Doesn't seem like any of you who have downloaded are having that problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't see much of a difference, honestly. I wasn't really having issues with battery in the first place, but I'll post my results at 15%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Me to but I pushed it with the utility for ap fast boot it doesn't change the version number just the kernel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

This is what should happen using the utility. Updating through the .zip will update both kernel and version numbers, but through utility just the kernel.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
hoping more people can confirm better radio with this leak and im all over it!

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair