6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

nashdroid

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Me too. If a few people report better signal, I will be doing this immediately! Otherwise, battery is fine for me. Signal, on the other hand, has been a huge disappointment since the ics update.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but at my girlfriend's house I normally would get 1-2 bars of 4G then occasionally drop to 3G for a bit. Now it's been hovering around 2-3 bars of 4G with no bump down to 3G yet. Been here for about two hours. Will report more later.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but at my girlfriend's house I normally would get 1-2 bars of 4G then occasionally drop to 3G for a bit. Now it's been hovering around 2-3 bars of 4G with no bump down to 3G yet. Been here for about two hours. Will report more later.

Swwweeeeetttttt.......

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing coverage drops leading to the screen waking issue that a lot of folks, myself included, have been seeing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing coverage drops leading to the screen waking issue that a lot of folks, myself included, have been seeing?

I personally did not have any screen waking issues even before this update. I would still get coverage drops, but they never caused the screen to wake.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I really can't see a difference as far as signal strength. Getting the same 3g/4g coverage as before. Sorry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I really can't see a difference as far as signal strength. Getting the same 3g/4g coverage as before. Sorry.

That's unfortunate. I didn't think the two were going to be related anyway. Just reporting what I was seeing. The only real changes that people are reporting are related to battery (good and bad) and a "snappier" response.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
For those of you reporting "bar" increases. The update could have just changed how many bars are displayed based on signal strength. It means nothing. More bars make people feel all warm and fuzzy but it's not a good representation. Look at your actual signal strength (dBm).

Reactions: Philip600rr

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
For those of you reporting "bar" increases. The update could have just changed how many bars are displayed based on signal strength. It means nothing. More bars make people feel all warm and fuzzy but it's not a good representation. Look at your actual signal strength (dBm).

Strange. Prior to installing this update my signal strength here would be at -90 to -85 dBm, but constantly fluctuating between 3G and 4G. So far I've been having solid 4G (about 4 hours worth), but the signal strength is at -105dBm. Prior to update, Speedtest would show less than 10mbps d/l, but it is now around 15-16mbps d/l.

I don't really understand how signals work or if any of this is related. Maybe a tower got buffed around here today I suppose.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that the leak should change your signal strength. It looks like it's the same baseband as the ota. It might be handling 4G better though.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
About to sleep, but here's an update.

- Brightness set to auto
- About half an hour used on calls
- Around forty-five text messages sent
- Sync on all day
- Cellular data set to LTE/CDMA/Evdo
- Wi-Fi on for about six hours
- Watched two episodes of Doctor Who via Netflix
- Watched a couple videos on YouTube
- Moderate use of Facebook and Instagram (checked each for about two minutes at a time, about ten times)
- Moderate amount of Web surfing
- Constantly looking through forums via Android Central Forums

This is about normal for me, if just a little better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forms

vlad_d

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just did the update and i dont see any difference in reception...still picking up the same -95 db sitting in the exact same spot in my living room.

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I ended up restoring my Maxx, had a scare, thought I bricked it, but got it back and did the upgrade. Restored with titanium. No signal improvement here in BFE, we'll see how the battery life is.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the installation deleted the Facebook cache? I wonder why?

I did. I don't use Facebook that often but but prior to updating I got a notification from a friend and my led was blinking blue. I haven't gotten a notification again yet but I wonder if that was the reason. To override what Facebook did to make the led blink blue.

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed battery life is much improved after installing leak. Also my battery temp didn't get up to 110 degrees like it has been. Maybe they fixed it

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: apquijano

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
For those of you looking for data connection buffs, please check this out:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
This should've come in a OTA, because I'm sure millions of people wouldn't even think about looking for this in the market. Anyway, based on 2 weeks of usage after trying this, I can safely say that my data connection is stronger, and the drops have become very rare.

That's kind of sad that this wasn't an OTA.