Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 115
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #26  

    Default

    Anyone seeing coverage drops leading to the screen waking issue that a lot of folks, myself included, have been seeing?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by beperry1 View Post
    Anyone seeing coverage drops leading to the screen waking issue that a lot of folks, myself included, have been seeing?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I personally did not have any screen waking issues even before this update. I would still get coverage drops, but they never caused the screen to wake.
  3. #28  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I really can't see a difference as far as signal strength. Getting the same 3g/4g coverage as before. Sorry.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    I really can't see a difference as far as signal strength. Getting the same 3g/4g coverage as before. Sorry.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    That's unfortunate. I didn't think the two were going to be related anyway. Just reporting what I was seeing. The only real changes that people are reporting are related to battery (good and bad) and a "snappier" response.
  5. #30  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,297 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    For those of you reporting "bar" increases. The update could have just changed how many bars are displayed based on signal strength. It means nothing. More bars make people feel all warm and fuzzy but it's not a good representation. Look at your actual signal strength (dBm).
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    For those of you reporting "bar" increases. The update could have just changed how many bars are displayed based on signal strength. It means nothing. More bars make people feel all warm and fuzzy but it's not a good representation. Look at your actual signal strength (dBm).
    Strange. Prior to installing this update my signal strength here would be at -90 to -85 dBm, but constantly fluctuating between 3G and 4G. So far I've been having solid 4G (about 4 hours worth), but the signal strength is at -105dBm. Prior to update, Speedtest would show less than 10mbps d/l, but it is now around 15-16mbps d/l.

    I don't really understand how signals work or if any of this is related. Maybe a tower got buffed around here today I suppose.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    I don't think that the leak should change your signal strength. It looks like it's the same baseband as the ota. It might be handling 4G better though.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

    Default

    About to sleep, but here's an update.

    - Brightness set to auto
    - About half an hour used on calls
    - Around forty-five text messages sent
    - Sync on all day
    - Cellular data set to LTE/CDMA/Evdo
    - Wi-Fi on for about six hours
    - Watched two episodes of Doctor Who via Netflix
    - Watched a couple videos on YouTube
    - Moderate use of Facebook and Instagram (checked each for about two minutes at a time, about ten times)
    - Moderate amount of Web surfing
    - Constantly looking through forums via Android Central Forums

    This is about normal for me, if just a little better.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forms
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak-uploadfromtaptalk1341894232372.jpg   6.16.214 ics upgrade leak-uploadfromtaptalk1341894246454.jpg  
  9. #34  
    vlad_d's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    I just did the update and i dont see any difference in reception...still picking up the same -95 db sitting in the exact same spot in my living room.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Anyone else notice that the installation deleted the Facebook cache? I wonder why?
  11. #36  
    Schufly's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock......

    Default

    I ended up restoring my Maxx, had a scare, thought I bricked it, but got it back and did the upgrade. Restored with titanium. No signal improvement here in BFE, we'll see how the battery life is.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  12. #37  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bgernannt View Post
    Anyone else notice that the installation deleted the Facebook cache? I wonder why?
    I did. I don't use Facebook that often but but prior to updating I got a notification from a friend and my led was blinking blue. I haven't gotten a notification again yet but I wonder if that was the reason. To override what Facebook did to make the led blink blue.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  13. #38  

    Default

    I noticed battery life is much improved after installing leak. Also my battery temp didn't get up to 110 degrees like it has been. Maybe they fixed it

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  14. #39  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    For those of you looking for data connection buffs, please check this out:

    This should've come in a OTA, because I'm sure millions of people wouldn't even think about looking for this in the market. Anyway, based on 2 weeks of usage after trying this, I can safely say that my data connection is stronger, and the drops have become very rare.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    For those of you looking for data connection buffs, please check this out:

    This should've come in a OTA, because I'm sure millions of people wouldn't even think about looking for this in the market. Anyway, based on 2 weeks of usage after trying this, I can safely say that my data connection is stronger, and the drops have become very rare.
    That's kind of sad that this wasn't an OTA.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Im getting a Signature error, download terminated message... Any thoughts on that?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by carmen_612 View Post
    Im getting a Signature error, download terminated message... Any thoughts on that?
    At what point are you receiving the error?
  18. #43  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    After I download the file to the SD card and attempt to install the update the script gives me that error... E: Signature error
  19. #44  
    BuMMeR-X's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    ROM
    ArcticHD

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Been running it since this weekend. Been pretty good so far.

    There is also a .215 leak available but it is to take you back to .211 from .214 if it's needed or you do not like the .214 update.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Disregard... I fixed it. Sorry about that.
    I saw that it installs empty directories... Any reason for that?

    Also, now that it is updated, can I delete the ZIP file on the SD Card?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by carmen_612 View Post
    Disregard... I fixed it. Sorry about that.
    I saw that it installs empty directories... Any reason for that?

    Also, now that it is updated, can I delete the ZIP file on the SD Card?
    Glad you got it fixed! You could delete the file if you want, but I keep my update files there just in case. Also, if you ever want to go back to stock .211, I have provided a link in the OP. BuMMer-X mentioned a downgrade leak, which is called .215, but it simply just brings you back to .211, the stock 4.0.4 ICS. You can use the same steps I have provided to downgrade by just switching the .zip files.

    As for what is being installed and why they are empty, I am not sure what was really changed. All I know is that this update was aimed to fix battery life.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Good idea on maintaining a update file.
    I appreciate the assistance and will update any findings I may have.
    I did notice that it did erase the facebook cache as well. Sometimes I wonder if facebook is the culprit with slowing down the system.
    Anywho, take care and looking forward to all the new updates to come
    apquijano likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

    Default

    Time to charge. Not bad I'd say, considering I gave it heavier use than normal. When I'm not trying to drain it, this will probably be better.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forms
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak-uploadfromtaptalk1341940828851.jpg  
  24. #49  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Installed this on my regular razr, and its KILLING my battery. I have been off the charger for 2 hours, and 4 mins, and already lost 20% of my battery life. I would take a screenshot to show,but i have no idea how to do it on this phone

    *edit* figured out how to screenshot!

    Last edited by malicefox; 07-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by malicefox View Post
    Installed this on my regular razr, and its KILLING my battery. I have been off the charger for 2 hours, and 4 mins, and already lost 20% of my battery life. I would take a screenshot to show,but i have no idea how to do it on this phone

    *edit* figured out how to screenshot!

    I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like to revert back to .211, you can follow the steps I provided, but instead of using the upgrade .zip, you can use the downgrade .zip found in the second link of the OP.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B