Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

I will let it settle in and see how it behaves over the next couple days. So far, its not liking the update, but the phone does seem a bit more responsive with the changes. I will try and keep some updates as time progresses.
    Thanked by:

My phone was doing the same thing. I just fully charged my phone and within 30 mins it went down 10% I checked and found that the screen and OS were using 82% of that total. Im rebooting to see if something may have been running in the background. We shall see...

Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is there an easy way to get back to .211 from. 214

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    Time to charge. Not bad I'd say, considering I gave it heavier use than normal. When I'm not trying to drain it, this will probably be better.
    Just curious...what was your Screen On time?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    Just curious...what was your Screen On time?
    Four and a half hours.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Is there an easy way to get back to .211 from. 214

You can sideload the downgrade .zip or use DroidRazrUtility 1.7, although the first is the easiest. You can find the link to the downgrade in the OP.

Just a bit of an update, its now been off the charger for 7 hours and im down to 60%. It seems to be settling down a bit, as im not losing the 10% per hour as i was this morning.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Thanks for this good info.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    ;-)

See, I'm worried about that line that's under the battery meter... see how its a pretty steady solid line... before it had breaks in it when the phone was locked or in standby. Is that indicating that the OS is constantly on and that is the reason for the OS % to be high? Is that what is draining the battery? Attactched is a pic of my battery usage. What are peoples thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak-uploadfromtaptalk1341963107227.jpg  
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_612 View Post
    See, I'm worried about that line that's under the battery meter... see how its a pretty steady solid line... before it had breaks in it when the phone was locked or in standby. Is that indicating that the OS is constantly on and that is the reason for the OS % to be high? Is that what is draining the battery? Attactched is a pic of my battery usage. What are peoples thoughts?

Have you been on Wi-Fi the entire time? My graph had a solid blue line as well, but I've had Wi-Fi on since I've gotten it off the charger. I turned Wi-Fi off and went to 4G and now there's a break in the blue line.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Also, could you describe your use so far? Android OS is the amount of battery used by apps. It looks like you've been using your phone lightly.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock......

good battery life for me after a normal day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak-sig.jpg  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Works great. Definitely less lag.

I have had wifi on all day. I had it on before as well and it had breaks prior to the install. I will be sure to pay attention to it tomorrow as well. I will turn off wifi for a period of time.
    Apps that I have are pretty generic. I'm not running any task managers other than what the OS has. Norton, social networks (G+, FB)... trying to think of otheres that may be using a lot of power. I'm on the phone a lot so I will watch it. I will say that it seems to have a bit more spring in its step but that could also be from clearing the cache.

After a day of using it
    -Battery life-Still about the same as .211 (not too good for me), I will give it another charge tonight but I will let it die all the way and let it charge for at least 6 hour. If any difference, slightly better but not enough to go from .211 to .214 if you do not understand how to update it.
    -Performance-No difference between .211 and .214. I also did a factory reset after install .211 and I noticed a difference when I did that. But going from .211 to .214, I didn't notice a difference. After I upgraded from GB to ICS, it was very laggy. but I did a factory reset and .211 ICS was WAY smoother and better. But going from .211 to .214, no difference. Still smooth and snappy.
    -Radio-No difference
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_612 View Post
    Have you ever tapped on that graph? When you do it'll show another screen with helpful info...especially what that solid blue line is all about.

HTH
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    After a day of using it
    -Battery life-Still about the same as .211 (not too good for me), I will give it another charge tonight but I will let it die all the way and let it charge for at least 6 hour. If any difference, slightly better but not enough to go from .211 to .214 if you do not understand how to update it.
    -Performance-No difference between .211 and .214. I also did a factory reset after install .211 and I noticed a difference when I did that. But going from .211 to .214, I didn't notice a difference. After I upgraded from GB to ICS, it was very laggy. but I did a factory reset and .211 ICS was WAY smoother and better. But going from .211 to .214, no difference. Still smooth and snappy.
    -Radio-No difference
    Thank you for your report! There seems to be very little middle ground like what you seem to be experiencing. Most users have either had very good or very bad experiences with the update.

Day # 2 with the leak installed. About the same as before. That's with heavy use

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak-uploadfromtaptalk1341999031560.jpg  

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

OK, so I don't think I'm having battery issues with my Maxx, but I have been having random reboots (usually at night which makes me think that Smart Actions may have something to do with it). Regardless of whether or not this update would do anything for the random reboots, my concern here (as with any leak) is getting "out of line" so to speak with the "official" VZW updates (OTA's).

If I flash this, and something newer is released by VZW later on, am I going to have to worry about not receiving future OTA's? I did this exact same thing with Froyo on my Incredible years ago, but that was an official OTA that was pushing out. I was just impatient and installed it on my own. I'm comfortable with the procedure. I just want to make sure I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot futher down the road here.

Thanks...

Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tcmeiss View Post
    OK, so I don't think I'm having battery issues with my Maxx, but I have been having random reboots (usually at night which makes me think that Smart Actions may have something to do with it). Regardless of whether or not this update would do anything for the random reboots, my concern here (as with any leak) is getting "out of line" so to speak with the "official" VZW updates (OTA's).

If I flash this, and something newer is released by VZW later on, am I going to have to worry about not receiving future OTA's? I did this exact same thing with Froyo on my Incredible years ago, but that was an official OTA that was pushing out. I was just impatient and installed it on my own. I'm comfortable with the procedure. I just want to make sure I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot futher down the road here.

Thanks...
    If anything you may have to flash back to .211, but that's fairly simple to do. Then u can go ahead and check for updates the normal way.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    If anything you may have to flash back to .211, but that's fairly simple to do. Then u can go ahead and check for updates the normal way.

OK, thanks. I just installed it a few minutes ago.

I did put both zip files on my SD card so I can flash back relatively easy if I need to.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

Yeah, it's been made relatively easy to go back to .211 if you must. Let us know how it works out for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forms

Some of you that are having issues should try a partition cache wipe which cleans cache from system. This you do from recovery.
    Then get app cache cleaner by infolife llc and use this also to clean cache from apps.

Much better results for me after the OS settled in. Now i went 6 hours and got down to 80% remaining. no major changes in phone useage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slosi View Post
    I have 3 bars 4g, in my house now! Used to have 1 to 2.

sent from Droid Razr Maxx
    I am a Soak tester. This issue was brought up during the Soak test and Matt explained that the radio was not changed, just the way bars are displayed. So, you might see fewer bars, but it really is the same signal. They were just too optimistic on the bar display previously.

That's what they said, at least.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast