Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 115 of 115
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #101  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,303 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1slosi View Post
    ???
    +1

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  2. #102  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,303 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    How can i uninstall this leak and go back from the 215 i am on now to 211 I was on before?
    If I'm understanding you correctly...

    Only way I know how to get off of 215 is to use droidrazr utility 1.81 found on www.droidrzr.com use option 1.

    If your on 214 and wanna get back to 211 you can download the downgrade zip and flash that in moto recovery. Or use the utility as well.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. #103  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    The problem I see is that my screen is using most of the battery 67% and Android OS 18%. I barely use the phone during the day because Im at work.

    I have my work email synced to my phone but that only checks for it every 30min. Being that it is work email, somethings with ICS is actually disabled automatically and Im forced to use a password. Face recognition is disabled along with some other features.

    I used to go full battery for the most part when I was on GB but now Im 50% by NOON. I wake up at 4:45AM with 100% battery by 6:00AM Im at 90%, where did that 10% go. I didnt even use the phone.

    Im going to try this leak to see if my battery power improves. However, I need to get an SD card so I can put into my phone to do the update. Not sure when Motorola will push the update out.

    One last thing ... does this work for Droid Razr's?? I dont have Droid Razr MAXX
  4. #104  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    What does .215 do over .214?
  5. #105  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberIT08 View Post
    The problem I see is that my screen is using most of the battery 67% and Android OS 18%. I barely use the phone during the day because Im at work.

    I have my work email synced to my phone but that only checks for it every 30min. Being that it is work email, somethings with ICS is actually disabled automatically and Im forced to use a password. Face recognition is disabled along with some other features.

    I used to go full battery for the most part when I was on GB but now Im 50% by NOON. I wake up at 4:45AM with 100% battery by 6:00AM Im at 90%, where did that 10% go. I didnt even use the phone.

    Im going to try this leak to see if my battery power improves. However, I need to get an SD card so I can put into my phone to do the update. Not sure when Motorola will push the update out.

    One last thing ... does this work for Droid Razr's?? I dont have Droid Razr MAXX
    The OTA comes out towards the end of August.

    Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2
  6. #106  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    When people say STOCK version, what do you mean by that?? I received my Droid Razr with GingerBread and did an OTA update to ICS .211. Would that be considered a STOCK version?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberIT08 View Post
    When people say STOCK version, what do you mean by that?? I received my Droid Razr with GingerBread and did an OTA update to ICS .211. Would that be considered a STOCK version?
    Yes. Stock just means there were no modifications done, i.e. rooting/custom ROMs.
  8. #108  

    Default

    Ok I have downloaded the zip file and I can not seem to put it on my sd card. I selected to save everything to my card but it didnt work. Wat am I doing wrong?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  9. #109  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default

    215 seems to have given me 10% to 20% more battery by the time i get home from work. Usage hasnt changed a bit. Might have actually gotten more intensive. But if my battery can last from the time i get up, to the time i get home, im happy.... with 50% (at least) left.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  10. #110  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default

    I feel for everyone who says their battery has gone to sh!t. I really do. But i also want to see some stats before i continue feeling bad for ya.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  11. #111  

    Default

    Actually my battery is pretty good. I did a factory reset after the 4.0 upgrade. Havent had any problems since that.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  12. #112  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    I had the upgrade show up a few days ago and went ahead and installed it, today I had a delete button showing up while texting, and it would delete text as fast as I could type it. Now at 8:28pm my phone froze up, I can't turn it off or anything, no store open to see what to do.



    Just got off the phone with verizon tech, had to pull simms card, wait 30 seconds, reistall simms card, then it still was not starting right, so I had to hold down the low volume and the power button to shut it off, after a bit it started back up and is working fine.
    Last edited by rwenglish1; 07-26-2012 at 08:48 PM.
  13. #113  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwenglish1 View Post
    I had the upgrade show up a few days ago and went ahead and installed it, today I had a delete button showing up while texting, and it would delete text as fast as I could type it. Now at 8:28pm my phone froze up, I can't turn it off or anything, no store open to see what to do.
    Which upgrade did you install?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  14. #114  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    Will this work in the uae. My system version is
    673.94.324.xt910.MERetail.en.06
    Quote Originally Posted by apquijano View Post
    ** THIS MUST BE INSTALLED FROM .211 **
    ** THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT **

    Hello friends! Found something for those of you willing to try it out.

    6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics) - DroidRzr.com

    Here I thought we were going to be without news for a while, but behold. A tiny upgrade. A "fix" rather.

    This update is supposed to fix the battery issues that some users were encountering post ICS upgrade. I did not have terrible battery issues, but was interested to see if it could improve. I only just installed this update, so I am unable to give any feedback on it yet.

    I share this with those of you who are willing to try it. This is just like sideloading the ICS update:

    ** This is the method I used. I was not rooted and was on stock 4.0.4 ICS **
    ** Some users have reported that using the utility provided in the above link works better for rooted phones **
    ** If you use the utility, it will update the Kernel number, but not the System Version number **

    1) Download update from above link.
    2) Place the update onto your external SD card. (root directory, not into any folders)

    ** If you want to revert back to .211, instead of placing the update on your external SD card, place the downgrade there, which is found in the link below **

    3) Power down your phone
    4) While phone is off, hold down both volume keys (up+down) and the power key.
    5) Use the Volume Down key to select "Recovery" and then use the Volume Up key to select it.
    6) When you see the Android being operated on, press both volume keys (up+down)
    7) Scroll down with the Volume Down key to "Apply Update from External Storage" and press the Power Key to select it.
    8) Scroll down with the Volume Down key to "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip" and press the Power Key to select it. This step begins installation.

    Installation can take up to five minutes or more.

    Going into Settings > About Phone should show that System Version is now 6.16.214.XT912, the supposed battery fix.

    ** If you do not wish to stay on .214, there is a Downgrade Leak that can be found here: **

    6.16.214 Downgrade Leak (To 6.16.211) - DroidRzr.com

    It is essentially the same process as above, but instead of using the upgrade .zip, you use the downgrade .zip.

    I am not the mastermind behind this, all credits to mattlgroff for all his amazing work. And if you need a more visual demonstration, W0017roid has a video in the above link as well.

    If you have any questions or concerns, I will try and answer as best as I can, but please also try looking at the above forum link for answers as well as asking your questions.

    https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...97324003_n.jpg
  15. #115  

    Default Re: 6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

    I think that update is only for xt912.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions