6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if this will eventually turn into an OTA.....?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No way of knowing unless an official notice comes or it starts popping up on phones. But like I said in another thread, given the fact that a downgrade was provided for this update, it's unlikely this will be pushed.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I'm looking at today. This is pretty normal use for me. Was getting 16 hours or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central.

Wow...something is definitely screwed. See mine as I type this.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That's the kind of life I USED to get. Not anymore. I tried the suggested stuff. Cache wipe and factory reset. It got worse after those and my phone seems a little more sluggish.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ran mine yesterday & the day before a total of well over 30 hours without charging. Not a lot of talk time but on line with considerable amounts of youTube & running various apps & tweaking all while using wifi. IIRC, I had about 7 hours of screen time. I only hit 20% as I was about to put it on charge at bedtime. Whatever the battery issue is, it's not universal. Let's hope it gets sorted out so these things can get back to being what they're supposed to be. I feel lucky to be one of the more fortunate ones. Having seen enough screenshots I've no doubt there is a bug in some of the ICS upgrades.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Well after almost a day on the leak I don't really notice any signal, performance, or battery improvement, but I didn't have a random reboot overnight...

To be fair, I also disabled a rule in Smart Actions. I'm not sure which fixed it (or if it's even fixed), but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth here.

As of writing this, I've been unplugged since 6:00 AM yesterday (so the 25 hours in the 3rd screenshot is accurate), with 1:21 of "screen on" time, and I'm at 54%. The other shots show discharging from 90% and only 20 hours because that's when I flashed the leak. Battery Indicator seems to keep a more accurate reading of how long I've been off the charger (and obviously showing 1% increments).

Honestly, this is pretty typical for me. I usually go from 6:00 AM one day to 10:00 PM the next day (about 40 hours) on a single charge. I'm on WiFi at home all the time, and on and off WiFi at work (we only have a few AP's deployed at work. not enough to cover the building yet). Depending on where I am in the building, I get anywhere from 3 - 4 bars of 4G to no signal at all (old steel and poured concrete building).

My wife gets 3 to 4 days on a charge on her Maxx (because she hardly ever takes it out of her purse), and I haven't installed the leak on her phone.

So that's where I stand at the moment... :)

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
That's the kind of life I USED to get. Not anymore. I tried the suggested stuff. Cache wipe and factory reset. It got worse after those and my phone seems a little more sluggish.

Exact same thing happened with mine. I wasn't having too many issues but I figured a wipe of the cache and a factory reset could only help, right? Wrong. Now I see stuttering when swiping through home screens, stuttering when scrolling in the browser, and worse battery life than before the factory reset. Oh well, not much else I can try at this point. Hopefully it settles in a little bit...we'll see.

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Installed last night, and so far battery drain seems less than it had been (better so far). Seems to be hanging onto 4g signal well too.

Thanks, apquijano, for posting the .214 link and instructions!

Last edited:

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a big difference with this update. At first I was worried but after a couple of days now the battery has consistently ran over thirty hours. I'm stock, not rooted. I am really glad I stuck with it for a couple of days to really see the difference instead of converting back.

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought it didn't make a difference until I uninstalled it. Battery life took a big hit so I reinstalled it. Its not like the levels I was getting on gb but better than. 211. I heard rumors that a fix is coming in august so I guess I'll keep my charger handy until then. 19 minutes of use and down to 90%

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought it didn't make a difference until I uninstalled it. Battery life took a big hit so I reinstalled it. Its not like the levels I was getting on gb but better than. 211. I heard rumors that a fix is coming in august so I guess I'll keep my charger handy until then. 19 minutes of use and down to 90%

I'm also having the very same issue you showed in the screen shot. Hoping a OTA is in the works.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Installed last night, and so far battery drain seems less than it had been (better so far). Seems to be hanging onto 4g signal well too.

Thanks, apquijano, for posting the .214 link and instructions!

No problem :) Glad it worked out for you!

I have seen a big difference with this update. At first I was worried but after a couple of days now the battery has consistently ran over thirty hours. I'm stock, not rooted. I am really glad I stuck with it for a couple of days to really see the difference instead of converting back.

That's amazing! Congrats :)

I'm also having the very same issue you showed in the screen shot. Hoping a OTA is in the works.

I hope the OTA does come out in August. From what I've read, it said that August would be the earliest we'd see the update. Let's just hope that it comes as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praggles

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The battery has improved. This is with moderate use. Would be at 40%by this time with.211

aequitasXI

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Over at droidrzr.com some people were experiencing horrid battery life. Doesn't seem like any of you who have downloaded are having that problem.

I've been having awful battery life since the upgrade. My buttery life used to be great. Can't wait to try the 214!

Edit: I've uploaded two screenshots from the awful battery life today..
46c081b4-6b6d-6a3f.jpg

46c081b4-6b44-e752.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084